Okay...I'm trying to remain calm. I downloaded and installed the new .51 upgrade to OS 4.5. As a result:

My browser icon is GONE, Google is not showing up on my PocketDay home screen, and nothing appears under "default browser configuration" in 'options.' I no longer have my BIS, period. Oh, this is bad.

In addition, PocketDay is no longer syncing with the native BB calendar, task list, etc. The PocketDay people DO NOT return emails, and the last that I checked, the forum was not allowing anyone to make new posts. There is no way to ask anything of them.

Can anyone please help to get me out of this mess that I have created??
    07-10-08 03:37 PM
    Resend service books?

Do a battery pull?
    07-10-08 03:38 PM
    send your service books adn do a bat pull

past that im useless
    07-10-08 03:39 PM
    Go into Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table. Hit Menu and Register.
    07-10-08 03:40 PM
    I wasn't seeing an option to 'send service books,' whereas it used to show up... I'm doing a battery pull now...
    07-10-08 03:41 PM
    Do what I said above. That will send the provisioning service book for the browser.
    07-10-08 03:46 PM
    Do what I said above. That will send the provisioning service book for the browser.
    and if what he said doesnt work you can also send yoru books by loging into the email set up on yoru phone ..
    07-10-08 03:49 PM
    Whew! Thanks, guys... guess I just overreacted... I completely forgot to do a battery pull!

My PocketDay preferences have gone back to default, but at least the calendar is syncing now. For some reason, the task list is still not syncing. Anyone have any ideas as to what to do about that?

My browser is back.
    07-10-08 03:49 PM
    and if what he said doesnt work you can also send yoru books by loging into the email set up on yoru phone ..
    That just sends the service books for the email accounts, not the provisioning ones. The HRT Registration is the only way to "self trigger" the provisioning service books to come down to the handheld. The BBBrower is a provisioning service book.
    07-10-08 03:55 PM
    If icons are gone - select a new theme, then select back the one you used - it will reset icons.

.51 working just perfectly fine here.. Go to the Beta OS forum for further details.
    07-10-08 04:07 PM
    Got the PocketDay tasks problem figured out. I had to go into the settings and check off "show undated tasks." That is apparently one of the settings that is not default.
    07-10-08 04:40 PM
    I am having the same issue - cannot connect to BIS, no browser. Tried the battery pull, host routing, service books etc. - does not work. I can see the service books under options but they have circle with a line, not a tick...

Tried to downgrade and got an error. Now I'm pretty much screwed. Trying a device wipe....

BTW I am on Sprint.
    07-10-08 07:43 PM
    I am having the same issue - cannot connect to BIS, no browser. Tried the battery pull, host routing, service books etc. - does not work. I can see the service books under options but they have circle with a line, not a tick...

Tried to downgrade and got an error. Now I'm pretty much screwed. Trying a device wipe....

BTW I am on Sprint.

I had this I had to provision my device...go to: Manage Connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Option Key -> Start Provisioning.

That should fix it.
    07-10-08 07:47 PM
    Also, make sure Data Services is turned on under Manage Connections.
    07-10-08 07:50 PM
    Alright - provisioning worked! THANKS!
    07-10-08 08:56 PM
    I'm loving .51! I have a MINOR memory leakage, but all ele is good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD