Does anyone have any reasonable time frame that indicates when RIM will release (or the carriers) 4.5 for 8830?

Also, does anyone have a clue if this will fix the dreaded ring tone issue? (Really fix it... where it's, you know, loud? And using Audacity to work around the issue isn't a fix)

Thanks.
    02-20-08 12:39 PM
    Out of curiosity, why isn't Audacity a fix for you?
    02-20-08 12:43 PM
    Because you should be able to hear your phone ring without going to a 3rd party program and writing your own ring tones. Just y $.02
    02-20-08 02:21 PM
    I agree with Isumrell, its B.S. to have to use some other software for somthing the phone should just do. . . Oh wait VZW 8830's and GPS, Oh on second thought I am surprised VZW is not charging 9.99 a month for a louder ringer. . .

As far as the OS update, is there even any news that there will be an OS update for the 8830? With the 9000 coming out I would think its end of the line for the 8800 series. . . . or at least the end of updates for it.
    02-20-08 03:05 PM
    As to the above Audacity question. I too had a problem with it. I took my favorite song, But Anyway by Blues Traveler. Loaded it into audacity. Highlighted the whole song and upped the volume. It worked very well. But...would only playback like 4 seconds of teh song as a ring tong, then repeat the 4 sec. I repeated this like 3 times to see if i screwed up. Playing the corrected file on the media side played the whole tune louder. As a ringtone it was way louder, excpect shortened. Ideas??
    02-20-08 05:09 PM
    If you are making a ringtone a good rule of thumb is to keep it 30 seconds or less.
    02-20-08 05:16 PM
    Sunkast
    I did try shortening the track to about 20 seconds, still bumped up volume great as ringtone playbac but for some reason still only plays like a 4 second clip over and over......its strange!
    02-20-08 07:03 PM
    I agree with Isumrell, its B.S. to have to use some other software for somthing the phone should just do. . . Oh wait VZW 8830's and GPS, Oh on second thought I am surprised VZW is not charging 9.99 a month for a louder ringer. . .

As far as the OS update, is there even any news that there will be an OS update for the 8830? With the 9000 coming out I would think its end of the line for the 8800 series. . . . or at least the end of updates for it.
    No way, the 8800 series was a next gen phone when it comes to BlackBerry's, it's like a whole different animal where as prior BlackBerry's were "common" in some way. The current state of the 8800 series, it's an experiment that has yet to be completed. I would still expect RIM to still release updates. (I don't think RIM is going to release a BlackBerry and then ditch it after a year and move on to another series)
    02-20-08 07:05 PM
    Sunkast
    I did try shortening the track to about 20 seconds, still bumped up volume great as ringtone playbac but for some reason still only plays like a 4 second clip over and over......its strange!
    How are you saving the file?
    02-20-08 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD