So I downloaded OS 4.5.0.77 and ran the file on my PC (using Vista). The installer crashes during the install process and it won't install!! Anyone experience this or have any ideas as to what may fix this? I was waiting.. and waiting.. for the BOLD.. but I'm tired of waiting.. so I want 4.5. Any help is greatly appreciated...
    09-11-08 03:44 PM
    Did you follow the instructions? There are plenty of threads about installing? Did you delete your vendor.xml file?
    09-11-08 04:18 PM
    Did you follow the instructions? There are plenty of threads about installing? Did you delete your vendor.xml file?
    Vendor file is deleted. I've updated OSes before and never had issues. Instructions were followed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 05:06 PM
    Do you get an error message when it crashes? Have you checked the event viewer to see why it crashed?
    09-11-08 05:14 PM
    "Wizard was interrupted before software could be completely installed" is the basic error.. I found some info on the official BB site.. but nothing has worked so far. This is what they Recommended

I'm trying on a different PC right now..
    09-11-08 05:42 PM
    Did you try installing it from an account that has limited or admin rights? You need to install using an account that has admin rights.
    09-11-08 05:51 PM
    i was using an account with admin rights.. and I also ran the file in admin mode...

UPDATE: I decided to try everything on another PC and so far, so good.. I was able to install Desktop Manager 4.6, backup my data, backup third party aps, install 4.5.0.77, wiped the phone, and am currently loading the OS using App Loader. I still have NO IDEA why it wouldn't work on my other PC. I am using XP right now (may have made a difference?). It may have been one of the issues posted on the Blackberry website that was happening on my Vista PC.
    09-11-08 06:19 PM
    This post won't help you fix your issue but it will let you know that ver .77 works on the Curve.

In my case I upgraded over another beta (4.5 r.58). So, it can be done.

Had a similar case with Windows XP SP3 recently where the file worked on one system and failed on another. Got lucky right off because the first thing I tried (because it was the easiest) was re-downloading the file.

But, it can be such a guessing game in terms of where to waste your time.

Think I got my .77 from a site named Nerdheads, but can't recall for sure.

Good luck ... Oh, by the way, I see zero difference between the previous beta and .77. So, you might be dissapointed after you install.

W.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 06:46 PM
    I was upgrading from 4.2.2 so I hope to see some differences once I start messing around with it.

I was able to successfully update on my second system. Didn't do anything different.. so the mystery remains! But it IS beta software.. so who knows.. 4.5 is up and running though
    09-11-08 06:59 PM
    Is there a version of the BB OS for the 8830 WE that is able to stream media using applications such as Orb and uSirius? If so where and how can I get it?

Thanks
    09-23-08 09:13 PM
    Is there a version of the BB OS for the 8830 WE that is able to stream media using applications such as Orb and uSirius? If so where and how can I get it?

Thanks
    Yes, I put together a guide to do just that. Please let me know if you see anything that can be improved.

Blackberry streaming guide
    Last edited by muchgooder.com; 09-24-08 at 09:13 AM. Reason: fixed the link
    09-24-08 08:48 AM
    Yes, I put together a guide to do just that. Please let me know if you see anything that can be improved.

Blackberry streaming guide
    Your link appears broken - get a "lotus notes exception" on that page
    09-24-08 09:13 AM
    Your link appears broken - get a "lotus notes exception" on that page

Sorry, too much coffee today!
    09-24-08 09:18 AM
    First time poster, and big time BlackBerry noob...looking for assistance.

I tried to DL the updated software straight from the BlackBerry site.

It just loaded the application loader, wiped my BlackBerry, and re-intstalled the 4.2 software. Luckily I listen to people's advise and backed-up my BlackBerry before doing this.

Any idea as to what might be going wrong?
    Do I need to DL from the Verizon site?

Or just follow a link here?

Thanks in advance...
    09-24-08 10:28 AM
    4.5 is not out for Verizon yet.
    09-24-08 04:53 PM
    [QUOTE=muchgooder.com;754241]Yes, I put together a guide to do just that. Please let me know if you see anything that can be improved.

Thanks Muchgooder. However, I am currently running version 4.2. Also, I use my 8830 mostly for work and I use my company's BES (does that make sense?). I've read in other threads that people in the same situation have installed version 4.5 but are then unable to use their work email on their device. Have you heard of this issue? If so, do you know if there's some way to resolve this? I don't want to upgrade to 4.5 and jeopardize my ability to send/receive work emails.

Thanks!!
    09-24-08 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD