Whenever I do a Google Search on Opera Mini I get a message that says "The application Opera Mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this?" I then have to scroll to a Yes in order for the search results to show. Is there a way to bypass this message or to change my settings to avoid it in the future?
    05-08-08 07:21 PM
    Is there a check box to have it stop asking? Mine never asks me that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 07:36 PM
    I get it any time I use OM, not that big of deal though
    05-08-08 07:48 PM
    No, that's going to be the standard for the new OSs if the application is not signed.
    05-08-08 09:35 PM
    Nope, no check box to have it stop asking. What does JRSCCivic98 mean "if the application is not signed?"
    05-12-08 01:23 PM
    Are any of you guys having problems with om making your phone freeze?

05-12-08 01:36 PM
    Do you have the Beta 4.1 version? My 4.0 version never did that, but I think maybe because the beta isn't "signed" yet, it comes up with that message every time.

I don't know this for sure though; it's just a hunch.
    05-13-08 08:35 AM
    If you don't pay RIM a licensing fee, you can't sign the app as a RIM certified one. If it's not signed (digital signature) it's deemed untrustworthy and thus must abide by the limited permission settings of the default permissions rule on the OS of the BB.

As of Version 4.1 of Opera Mini, they have singed the versions, but not for BB. I guess they don't want to pay RIM $200 to sign the app, so you'll have to deal with the prompt each time you run Opera and do the first network request function on it.
    05-13-08 09:13 AM
    just upgraded my 8830 from 4.0 to 4.1 OTA. Other than the usual one-time installation requests I just open and go where I want. Never get any other requests. The upgrade saw 4.0 installed and asked to remove before upgrading.

http://www.operamini.com
    05-13-08 12:04 PM
    I was having this same problem, thanks for the answer!

I guess it acutally pays to search the forum for an answer before posting a new thread!
    05-22-08 03:23 PM
    I've never had it ask me permission except at initial install. That was true for 4.0, 4.1 beta and the new 4.1.

05-22-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD