Soon I will be getting a new laptop. Presently I sync (Contacts and calender only) with my primary computer. I would like to be able to sync it with the laptop also thereby keeping all three of them in "sync". I get e-mail through BIS.

Are there any issues with this? Like, does desktop manager flag items some how and perhaps cause duplicates to get loaded? Anything in particular to watch for?

Thanks...
    07-29-07 02:55 PM
    I sync mine between two computers with no problems. I do use one of the computers as a master, this is the one I update either directly or through the BB before I sync to the second. It works great for me.
    Highdigi likes this.
    07-29-07 05:09 PM
    It should work flawlessly...
    Highdigi likes this.
    07-29-07 08:00 PM
    BB 8700C, two virtually identical PCs running XP sp2, Outlook 2003 and BB desktop 4.2. When I sync with one, then make changes to the BB, then sync with the other, I get duplicate entries on the BB and the second PC. My outlook is on a hosted server (so I don't have any local pst files to complicate matters).

I imagine this has something to do with the timestamp on the sync log. Is there anyway to get around this or must I have a "master" PC as noted above?

David
    08-12-07 12:44 AM
    While your syncing may/may not work between 2 different computers, for quite some time now, PDA/PIM makers have suggested strongly to only sync to one computer, even if using two computers to sync to the same data. In my job, I've had to help several users who have wiped out their Palm/PocketCE data by syncing at home and here at work. A few times, data is recoverable, although a hassle. At other times, its whacked their entire database and by syncing forced themselves into hard deletions and corruptions. If at all possible, you should really only sync to one machine and one machine alone.

While two machines MAY work, its not a guarantee. If you must sync to two machines, back up your data and make sure its secure!!!
    08-14-07 11:37 AM
    Edward, thanks much for the info. Don't want to take any chances with my data. I'll just live with syncing to 1 PC from now on.
    08-14-07 08:45 PM
    I�m also having issues syncing with two computers.

I�ve narrowed it down a bit and this is what I�ve found. In calendar and contacts, it misses the changes on the 2nd computer, unless I RESET configuration in BB Desktop Manager. Then it works fine.

BB 8820 DM 4.2.2.12 windows XP outlook 2003 on both systems.

Any ideas? I�ve been syncing between two computers for years with palms.

John
    10-30-07 11:05 AM
    Can I sync to two computers if one is a Dell desktop and one is a Macbook Pro laptop?
    11-20-07 09:53 AM
    BB 8700C, two virtually identical PCs running XP sp2, Outlook 2003 and BB desktop 4.2. When I sync with one, then make changes to the BB, then sync with the other, I get duplicate entries on the BB and the second PC. My outlook is on a hosted server (so I don't have any local pst files to complicate matters).

I imagine this has something to do with the timestamp on the sync log. Is there anyway to get around this or must I have a "master" PC as noted above?

David
    I have a similar problem. I use Windows Vista, Outlook 2003, own a Pearl and use BIS to manage emails at home and have no problems syncing. Part one down!

At work, on an Exchange Server, i would really only like to sync my calendar but seem to be having trouble doing this. We've installed BES there, but when I connect my Pearl to sync, I receive an "unknown error" and it doesn't go any further. I tried "working offline" to see if that would work in Outlook, but I still had problems.

Any "super" suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    04-17-08 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD