so i just downloaded the new OS 4.5777 or whichever one it is..need the PRE LOADED RING TONES!

I have the RINGER PROBLEM and YES I SEARCHED! there is one post that say you simply copy some frile from programfiles/ research in motion/ shared files////WELL I DONT HAVE A SHARED FILES IN RESEARCH IN MOTION! so what do i do, then i found one post with a download for the preloaded ring tones i downloaded this file but my bb desk mgr does not recognize it...

i have spent alot of time looking and can't get to it! i have not been wanting to ask because i see how many people act so angry and say SEARCH well i did, so your help would be appreciated!

and if its such a common question why no STICKY with step by step, i think that would help
    09-30-08 07:34 PM
    09-30-08 09:24 PM
    ...WELL I DONT HAVE A SHARED FILES IN RESEARCH IN MOTION! ...
    If you can't find the folder, there are two possible explanations. First, you may not be following the path correctly. Look closely at the thread JRSCCivic98 found for you and you will see the path is
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\OS_FileName\Java

Second, if you are following the path correctly and you do not have the shared folder, then you have not installed the OS on your PC. Find the executable you downloaded and double-click it. That will install the device OS on your PC and create the path and folders you seek.

Your problems are typical of the problems experienced by new users who attempt an OS upgrade before they are familiar with their device. It sounds like you're past the hardest parts, so you will probably be ok. It would be good for you to perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig next. OS 4.5 has a larger memory footprint, and you may soon run into low memory issues.

Finally, be aware that by installing a beta OS on your 8830, you are taking yourself out of warranty coverage and customer service support. If your phone is less than 30 days old, this means you will have to restore the factory OS before you can return the phone for a free replacement, should you find some other, unrelated defect in it.
    Last edited by JeffH; 10-01-08 at 09:46 AM. Reason: added warranty info
    10-01-08 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD