but i'm in a bit of a situation...

the little plastic tab on the inside of the data/charging port on my 8830 broke and now i'm stuck with a dead blackberry and no way to charge it

so i'm wondering about the goldish colored indents on the left side of the blackberry, are those a different way of charging the phone? and if so, would this charger BlackBerry Power Station & Extra Battery Charger for 8800 Series - ShopCrackBerry (can't post links apparently) utilize that?

any help would be appreciated as i'm already having terrible withdrawls
    02-22-08 11:17 AM
    ok now i have 10 posts, here is the link for the product i specified

BlackBerry Power Station & Extra Battery Charger for 8800 Series - ShopCrackBerry
    02-22-08 11:17 AM
    it looks like that charger uses the contacts rather than USB, so yes, that charger will work.
    02-22-08 11:21 AM
    it seems to be the only one i can find that uses contacts

also i'd like to be able to confirm that it does in fact use contacts instead of ordering it and getting a nice surprise
    02-22-08 12:03 PM
    call their 1-800 number or email them. the info's around here somewhere
    02-22-08 12:06 PM
    Yes, those are charging contacts. Recently there was an article posted about a charging cradle for the Curve 8300 and in the review it mentioned how it was a shame the 8800 series didn't have contact leads on the bottom. Also it listed the exact model you posted as the alternate solution for 8800 users.

Here is the direct quote:

I've been using the cradle for a few weeks now, but it only took me a few hours to realize this is a Must Have BlackBerry Accessory. It's too bad BlackBerry 8800 series users can't take advantage of this style of charging pod. On the BlackBerry Curve and Pearl, the charging leads (little gold colored tabs) are on the bottom device so it works with a bottom mounted charging leads like the charging pod features. On the 8800 Series, those leads are located on the side of the device, so you'll have to make do with the BlackBerry Power Station for the 8800 series (it's not really making do, the Power Station is an awesome accessory as well!).
    A link to the article as well:
    Accessory Review: Charging Pod for BlackBerry Curve | CrackBerry.com
    02-22-08 06:14 PM
    And FYI, I've seen "similar" type 8800 charging cradles on eBay for alot less. Not as stylish in my opinion but they were cheaper.
    02-22-08 06:16 PM
    Kind of off topic but. I have an 8310 from at&t and I don't seem to have any gold contacts on my berry. Anyone know if this is just somthing that at&t has rim leave off the phone
    02-22-08 06:50 PM
    These are the contacts:
    Last edited by Chaz; 07-08-08 at 11:24 PM.
    02-22-08 06:58 PM
    These are the contacts:

Oh koolaid, now I can get that sick stand. Thanks Chaz
    02-22-08 07:37 PM
    thank you, this was very helpful
    02-23-08 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD