My phone was at 50% battery 8 hours ago when I put it on the charger. I took it off the charger after 7 hours & it was only at 90%. I did a battery pull & it was at 100% on restart. Then I plugged it back it for 20 mins & it dropped to 95%. While its plugged in, its showing the lil lightning bolt over the battery so I'm assuming the USB port isn't damaged. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Frankie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 08:10 AM
    It sounds like your battery is nearing the end of its useful life. If the lightning bolt is still showing after 7 hrs, either the charger is defective or the battery. Try another wall charger. If the problem persists, either live with it or consider a new battery. However, if your phone and battery are less than a year old, you might be able to get a refurb'd unit.

11-05-09 08:54 PM
    On those batteries, sonce they are lithium ion, they don't develop a memory. However, the battery life indicator can become inaccurate after several charges. My suggestion would be to let the battery die completely. Like, you can even get the screen to light up, just completely lifeless, then leave it charging all night back up to 100%. Usually that can fix the problem if that is what is giving you so much trouble.

11-05-09 09:31 PM
    If you don't have another charger, you can always hook it up to the computer to see how long it takes. Also, if cycling the battery a couple times doesn't fix it, you can snag a battery online for really cheap ($5 new)
    11-05-09 10:48 PM
    I tried the same charger again & after about 10 mins it didn't seem to be charging. So I turned the phone off & charged it & that worked. I bought my phone used so idk how old it is. Maybe I'll pick up an extended life battery

11-06-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD