Hi there!

I don't actually have a lot on my Bberry...I try to delete messages, but I still run out of file space SO QUICKLY! The worst part is that my phone then deletes messages and the call log.

Does anyone know how to get some more space on the phone? I downloaded Yahoo! to go the other day, but now I'm thinking that was a bad idea. However, I don't know how to delete it!

Any help is appreciated. I have Verizon, if that matters.

Thanks!
    02-08-09 09:37 PM
    take a look at the memory link in my phone and yahoo go is a huge memory hog
    02-08-09 09:39 PM
    take a look at the memory link in my phone and yahoo go is a huge memory hog
    I'm afraid I don't understand this...I looked under status and I can see that it's at 0 (why, I don't know, I just deleted a bunch of stuff).

I'd love to get rid of Yahoo...can you tell me how to delete it, please?
    02-08-09 09:41 PM
    go to options/advanced options/applications then delete from there. and i meant my signature for the memory link lol. sorry
    02-08-09 10:33 PM
    Have u tried it as yet ? I have the same space issue ...none of whats listed seems to work !
    02-08-09 11:24 PM
    the memory link didn't work ?
    02-08-09 11:30 PM
    Do you have a memory card in your BB? If not you need to get one. At least a 2mb. Then you won't have memory issues. Also it helps if you do a soft or hard reset a few times a week.
    02-08-09 11:36 PM
    Do you have a memory card in your BB? If not you need to get one. At least a 2mb. Then you won't have memory issues. Also it helps if you do a soft or hard reset a few times a week.
    memory card only helps a little. you still need to free up some internal memory space if you want to add any 3rd party apps onto the phone
    02-08-09 11:44 PM
    This is probably the biggets gripe about BBs, especially with the 8800 series. Definitely check out the How To section for freeing up memory. Yahoo Go is a memory hog, so I can easily see how it would take up enough free space to make it unusable.
    02-09-09 09:47 AM
    Hi there!

I don't actually have a lot on my Bberry...I try to delete messages, but I still run out of file space SO QUICKLY! The worst part is that my phone then deletes messages and the call log.

Does anyone know how to get some more space on the phone? I downloaded Yahoo! to go the other day, but now I'm thinking that was a bad idea. However, I don't know how to delete it!

Any help is appreciated. I have Verizon, if that matters.

Thanks!
    Hey do yourself a favor and do a search through the forums for crackmem, and crackutil. I believe they will help you get the most mem out of your phone. You can also look at the Blackberry 101 series for memory.
    02-09-09 09:52 AM
    so i had the same problem, so i had to wipe my handheld from my blackberry. and i reloaded everything. it wasn't erasing any messages or call logs anymore afterwards. i lost my contacts, but at least my phone works
    02-09-09 11:08 AM
    Not sure what a soft or hard reset is...I don't have a memory card, but I wil look in to getting one!
    02-09-09 01:19 PM
    Thanks for the tips, everyone! I was able to figure out how to delete Yahoo! and that freed a LOT of space. However, I'm a tad bummed that the phone fills up so quickly. Will the memory card prevent this?

I looked at the link that was provided. Very helpful! It mentioned that there were apps already on the phone that were, perhaps, unneccesary. Can anyone advise on which ones? Are they hidden, LOL?

Thanks!
    02-09-09 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the tips, everyone! I was able to figure out how to delete Yahoo! and that freed a LOT of space. However, I'm a tad bummed that the phone fills up so quickly. Will the memory card prevent this?

I looked at the link that was provided. Very helpful! It mentioned that there were apps already on the phone that were, perhaps, unneccesary. Can anyone advise on which ones? Are they hidden, LOL?

Thanks!
    Most apps that are installed on your phone are going to show up on that Applications list you found before. I don't have any verizon specific applications that came on mine so I can't really say VZW does throw "hidden" applications on the phone.

And no getting a memory card is not going to do much. All of your programs, etc are still going to be saved to phone memory, not to the card and there is no way to change that to my knowledge.
    02-09-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD