I have a sprint 8830 and love it but the lack of memory is a problem. I have like 5 apps extra apps downloaded, maybe 3 extra themes, and not too much else. I'm have os .51 running and the highest free file space I've had is around 14mb. I've tried everything to get more, followed all the threads on here but still nothing. Can someone please help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 10:39 PM
    A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    11-15-08 10:45 PM
    Great reply sunkast, thx but after all that I'm still only at 16-17mb. Is that normal for a 8830?
    11-16-08 01:15 AM
    Yeah that's not terrible. I average 17-18 on my 8320.
    11-16-08 01:46 AM
    Thanks for the great info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 10:55 AM
    I have the same problem with my 8330 model. If you go into media card in the options menu. You might have to turn off mass storage to get it to show up. At the bottom you will see your available space. Also if you put your memory card directly into a laptop (with out phone) the laptop should automatically prompt your computer. If it doesn't its probably bad (the card). My phone is new and its bad, as well as my memory card.
    11-16-08 11:36 AM
    I have the same problem with my 8330 model. If you go into media card in the options menu. You might have to turn off mass storage to get it to show up. At the bottom you will see your available space. Also if you put your memory card directly into a laptop (with out phone) the laptop should automatically prompt your computer. If it doesn't its probably bad (the card). My phone is new and its bad, as well as my memory card.
    you have to be careful condemning memory cards that are labeled HD. As the require special readers. The normal SD card reader will not read them. I use my phone as the reader for my 8gig.
    11-16-08 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD