hi! i'm pulling my hair out here. i renewed my sprint contract JUST to get a blackberry 8830 so i could do my work more efficiently.

in 15 days, i've had 4 blackberrys. spent about 9 hours total with tech support and at the store.

provisioning: worked sometimes, but diagnostic test came back "no."

hard reset 4x; you name it, its been done.

now, with my latest blackberry from the store last night, i now get error 1012 in provisioning......

and the blackberry person says "we'll have to open a ticket for you."

well, this will be the 3rd ticket, the first one of which i waited for days only to find out it was arbitrarily CLOSED.

WHAT TO DO???? THEY WON'T LET ME CANCEL MY SPRINT CONTRACT without paying $200!!!!

has anyone else had this problem???

THANKS!
    09-28-07 02:28 PM
    I'd raise ****. Talk to a manager in the store and make them get you a working phone and make sure its all well and good before leaving the store. If not, tell them you want out and tell them you aren't going to pay to cancel and thats that. No one knows a damn thing about customer service anymore.
    09-28-07 03:10 PM
    I'm sure youve alredy asked them this but did you make sure and get the internet service, its like 40 dollars extra? amd yea id be pissed not only would i talk to a manger and tell him im not paying crap but id be walking out with free crap.
    09-30-07 02:46 AM
    hi! i'm pulling my hair out here. i renewed my sprint contract JUST to get a blackberry 8830 so i could do my work more efficiently.

in 15 days, i've had 4 blackberrys. spent about 9 hours total with tech support and at the store.

provisioning: worked sometimes, but diagnostic test came back "no."

hard reset 4x; you name it, its been done.

now, with my latest blackberry from the store last night, i now get error 1012 in provisioning......

and the blackberry person says "we'll have to open a ticket for you."

well, this will be the 3rd ticket, the first one of which i waited for days only to find out it was arbitrarily CLOSED.

WHAT TO DO???? THEY WON'T LET ME CANCEL MY SPRINT CONTRACT without paying $200!!!!

has anyone else had this problem???

THANKS!
    Unlimited Web and Data is $39.99 and must be activated on your phone

If your service is less than 30 days old you may cancel without penalty (still have to pay for usage) and return the phone.

You can tell them you are not going to pay penalties and all that fun stuff but you will indeed end up paying if you are over the 30 days (in the contract)

ps - I have not heard of any such issues with phones I have sold and, so far, everyone loves their 8830s
    Last edited by Chark the Shark; 10-02-07 at 06:15 PM. Reason: additional info
    10-02-07 06:14 PM
    yup! By law they have to let you out penalty free if your within the 30 day time period!
    10-02-07 06:19 PM
    All this and still have not offered to contact RIM for you, that in it's own right is almost an aknowledgement that it is indeed THEIR issue, otherwise they would contacted rim to review services on their side...Raise some ****...(in a nice manner, dont be too aggressive, that will get you no where), ask to speak to rim for possible further investigation (be preparded for them to advise it's a sprint issue)..last but not least if issue is not resolved after that, take advantage of the 30 days buyer remorse, kill the account and find a provider that WILL help you.
    10-03-07 05:22 AM
    just chiming in here... i had the same problem [no internet browswer, couldn't send email or sms, and i had error 1012 during provisioning]. spoke with tech support. made me take out the battery for 15 seconds and power it back up. after that provisioning went fine.

From there we went to advanced options --> Host Routing Table --> Menu Button --> Register Now

I went back to the main screen to see a host of new apps including web browser and email settings. set up my email just fine and everything is working smoothly.

give that a try if you haven't already. if not, then i'm sure you've just had a string of the worst look i've ever seen. good luck in the future.
    10-03-07 11:01 AM
    I had some problems initially with my Sprint service on my 8830 but user error was the main cause. Since then I have found Sprint service to be pretty good.
    10-03-07 01:25 PM
    I had the same problem and what you have to do is call cust. care and tell them u want to talk to Blackberry tech support. What they will do is erase your phone from there end and re-enter everything and this should take about 25 min. and u will have e-net. Good luck
    10-09-07 02:12 AM
    I suspect there is a problem with the data plan. I had a lingering vision plan on my account (I upgraded from a Treo) which caused a number of problems. A full flush of my account and reattaching all the components of a BlackBerry plan fixed it.
    10-09-07 10:50 AM
    I had something similar when i upgraded to my 8830. I called verizon, they fooled around with my account, sent the service books, and bam i had the net.

It was more an account issue, i think the service books where just to make sure everything else was working fine.
    10-09-07 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD