I'm new to the Blackberry phenom and i'm sure i'll have lots of questions, but i'll start with 1 for now. My question is about the alarm, Do u only get one alarm option? I previously had the Dare and u were able to set 3 alarms per day. So am I gonna be stuck with having one alarm or is there some app or software I can download?
    01-11-09 09:27 PM
    I'm new to the Blackberry phenom and i'm sure i'll have lots of questions, but i'll start with 1 for now. My question is about the alarm, Do u only get one alarm option? I previously had the Dare and u were able to set 3 alarms per day. So am I gonna be stuck with having one alarm or is there some app or software I can download?
    Google for an app called My Alarm. It has 6 alarms in that app.
    01-11-09 10:02 PM
    MyAlarm works pretty good... most of the time:

MyAlarm

Features:

• 6 more alarms Choose which day it will beep.
    • Snooze 1, 5 and 10 minutes.
    • Optionally enter random code to turn off the alarm.
    • Monophonic tone, midi and mp3 support.
    • Each alarm has its own tone. Also you can override the individual tone with a global one.
    Last edited by trucky; 01-12-09 at 01:37 PM.
    01-12-09 01:35 PM
    I installed My Alarm, but I can't seem to use any of the built in ringtones or other sounds. It keeps popping up a window asking if it's OK to access those files. I've edited the application permissions to allow everything, but I still get that message. As a result, it vibrates, but won't play the sound. Will it only work with sounds on the media card?

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    01-13-09 10:55 AM
    If it's asking for permission to access files you may have skipped over the initial permission request during installation. You might try deleting the app, doing a battery pull and then re-installing it. I've used mp3s and ring tones from my media card and from the system memory.
    01-13-09 12:28 PM
    I did as you suggested, but never saw an initial permissions request. Maybe I got an old version?
    01-13-09 01:28 PM
    I enjoy using myalarm. I can set it to play almost any mp3 I have in memory and it plays the whole song. The only time I have trouble is when I leave my bluetooth turned on: the music will play through the bluetooth.
    01-18-09 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD