The IT Support company I worked for recently merged with another and I have just been issued my first, shiny, new BB 8830. Ironically, my first introduction to BB's was through one of my clients when they decided go with technology and I had to install and configure a BES server with a dozen or so devices.
    I am already finding out that there is so much more to these "tech toys" than meets the eye. Although I have been involved with computer hardware support for over 30 years, I am a bit slow when it comes to acquiring the latest and greatest.
    All that being said, besides these forums, I am looking for other GOOD internet sources for BB support. Thanks in advance for your time.

-Pops-

OH..forgot to ask. How do I configure WIFI on my 8830?? (ducking) ;-)
    Last edited by NormH3; 07-12-08 at 09:32 AM.
    07-12-08 09:26 AM
    The IT Support company I worked for recently merged with another and I have just been issued my first, shiny, new BB 8830. Ironically, my first introduction to BB's was through one of my clients when they decided go with technology and I had to install and configure a BES server with a dozen or so devices.
    I am already finding out that there is so much more to these "tech toys" than meets the eye. Although I have been involved with computer hardware support for over 30 years, I am a bit slow when it comes to acquiring the latest and greatest.
    All that being said, besides these forums, I am looking for other GOOD internet sources for BB support. Thanks in advance for your time.

-Pops-

First I would like to welcome you to Crackberry. This is a great site for information (the search tool is your best friend here.) There are great moderators and posters that know what they are talking about when it comes to blackberries.

A quick break down of the 8800 series for you:

8800--> The base GSM/GPRS model, providing text, email, internet, and GPS.
    8820--> The second GSM/GPRS model, same as above, but including WIFI with built-in GPS.
    8830--> The third model. The north american CDMA model combined with GSM/GPRS for roaming internationally.

So, unfortunately if you would like an 8800 model with WIFI you have to use the 8820 as the 8830 does not come equipped with WIFI. You can always check BlackBerry for more information on all blackberries including the upcoming Bold. Enjoy crackberry...
    Last edited by ediggity; 07-12-08 at 02:34 PM. Reason: missing word
    07-12-08 02:27 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 05:33 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-12-08 05:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    07-12-08 06:32 PM
    Welcome Welcome
    07-12-08 06:41 PM
    Hi and welcome

07-12-08 06:52 PM
    -Pops-

Looks like you've been reading our forum, since you knew to duck when asking that question! Welcome! A sense of humor will serve you well here!

07-12-08 07:01 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    07-12-08 07:05 PM
    Looks like you've been reading our forum, since you knew to duck when asking that question! Welcome! A sense of humor will serve you well here!

I found out a long time ago that without a sense of humor, life becomes a bit overwelming..especially in IT and computer support. Now if we could only convince the appliance operators that a fried computer or database isn't the end of the world. There is a fix for everything...some things just take a bit longer.

..and thanks to all for the well wishes. I will certainly be a familiar face on the forums.
    07-13-08 02:47 PM
    OMG!!! I can't believe Verizon disabled WiFi on the 8830.

(Had to be done... lol)

Welcome to the forums.
    07-13-08 02:58 PM
    OMG!!! I can't believe Verizon disabled WiFi on the 8830.

(Had to be done... lol)

Welcome to the forums.
    Yeah..AND the GPS !!!
    07-13-08 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD