I am new to the forum and new to the Black/Crack-berry world too.

I just got all set up With my 8830 W.E. I like it and think it will become a definate addiction.

I had to wait a day or two to get connected to the BES and that allowed me to txfr some files to the 2G MiniSD chip I have. I enabled Mass Storage and everything was nice. Untill I got connected to the BES. My communist corporate imbiciles had decided that Mass Storage through the BES is a bad ideal and could lead to viruses.

The data I tranfered and the format of the MiniSD was still working without issue till I tried to txfr more MP3's and video. Then it corrupted. I formated the MiniSD and then tried again. The Desktop Manager says that I have to enable Mass Storage on the phone. The BES rules have locked that feature. (DAMN).

I tried putting the miniSD into a card reader and txfring data through both the desktop manager and the Windows folder, then putting the card in the phone...no Dice.

So my question: How can I get the card to read in the BB with my data dispite the BES rules. I am fairly technical and am looking for ANY way around the BES rules. I have already proven that getting another BB and formatting/copying to the MiniSD outside of the BES domain works but I do not want to buy another BB just for that. There must be an app, crack, or trick that can help me.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
    08-24-07 06:12 PM
    I think you are out of luck if your BES has set a policy locking out the mass storage option. The enterprise server basically controls the phone.
    08-24-07 08:53 PM
    There are always work arounds... they are just computers... l like I said I have one that includes copying the data to the MSD on a phone that is not on a BES. The data was readable after joining the BES...

Anyone have real ideals? Critical thoughts?
    08-25-07 01:45 PM
    vette 25th, sorry to say, I'm a BES admin, and users like yourself scare me. I make my users sign paperwork when connecting to BES. Users don't realize that ALL the data between the BlackBerry and BES belongs to the Employer, period! I know, you bought your device yourself, etc, etc, but...

Forget all that, these measures, BES I.T Policy, is in place for a reason. Yes, I have a thread on here, on how to remove the I.T Policy (for users that buy devices that WAS on BES, and they are second hand devices, and thus not being connect to another BES). But, in your case, as soon as you do, within an hour or two (depending on your servers time limit) you'll get the policy again, and it will be 'locked down'...

My thing is, I wished the I.T department advised you before hand you would'nt be able to virtually anything with your BlackBerry due to it's BES I.T Policy. Or, did they tell you and you said it would be fine? Like my users try to do...

Security and company data is paramount...

Where's Audit01, when you need him...
    08-25-07 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD