Ok this is complicated but here goes: my company provides the Sprint 8830 and synchs with Outlook. I cannot get the Internet, GPS or email services to work! Our tech department is slow and little or no help. The only way the internet seems to work (briefly) is if the phone is plugged in to the computer.
    I've switched out the phone for a new one already (was having severe audio quality problems which have improved somewhat with new phone).
    Help...?
    PS Oh and, found out today the phone wasn't 'provisioned', so that was done several hours ago and it STILL doesn't work!
    03-06-08 09:49 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? Did Sprint resend your service books to you? Have you registered the handheld?
    03-06-08 10:20 PM
    Well, if you're company is like mine. The GPS and Internet are disabled via the Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you want the Internet, and they disabled it, the only way around it is the "Blackberry Browser". GPS, not sure if it's like Verizons, but you may have to pay individually for it if they didn't disable it.
    03-06-08 10:22 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Have been working through the steps again with Sprint (did it the first time with the first phone). Co-workers' phones are working so I'm suspicious that the problem is at my company somehow. When you mention the Enterprise Server, I'm afraid my knowledge base is poor here, what's that all about and can I ask some informed questions at the office to see if something in my computer is not set up right....?
    03-07-08 12:14 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Have been working through the steps again with Sprint (did it the first time with the first phone). Co-workers' phones are working so I'm suspicious that the problem is at my company somehow. When you mention the Enterprise Server, I'm afraid my knowledge base is poor here, what's that all about and can I ask some informed questions at the office to see if something in my computer is not set up right....?
    Call Sprint BB tech support not CS. They are great for trouble shooting.
    03-07-08 02:40 AM
    sounds like you need your service books re-sent..if your company's tech support is that lame, they probably havent messed with Blackberry Enterprise server settings...Call Sprint Blackberry tech support, NOT customer service!
    03-07-08 05:56 AM
    Go to Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table. Hit Menu and Register Handheld.
    03-07-08 08:45 AM
    Please call BB support 877-654-9111 ASAP!!! They will help you out
    03-07-08 08:58 AM
    Please call BB support 877-654-9111 ASAP!!! They will help you out
    Kara,
    Is this SPRINT tech support?
    Marc
    03-08-08 09:32 AM
    That phone number is for BlackBerry.
    03-08-08 03:23 PM
    this is my first post.

The BES is a product from RIM that your company bought and allows you to connect to your company MS Exchange or Lotus mail servers. Blackberry devices are the best for this type of email messaging. It will also sync your contacts, calendar, and appoinments, etc... Once you have connectivity on your device your company BES admin will send you an activation code which you have enter into your Blackberry device. Go to Options >Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation> enter your corporate email address and Activation Code your company BES admin sent you.

If you are not using the BES server, you can use any pop3 or imap email address. goto wwwdotsprintdotblackberrydotcom Just call sprint tech support and make sure you talk to someone on the Blackberry team. Some of these guys are really good.

The other possible scenario is that you don't have the data plan from Sprint that gives you BES access. It does cost more and is not included with the everthing for $99.99 deal. RIM sets the pricing for BES connectivity. I'm pretty sure about this info, but if i'm incorrect... please don't sue me.
    03-08-08 10:24 PM
    Ok, I am sprint rep, so this might help. If you dont get someone in Blackberry support, then they dont have access to all the tools to help you properly. For example, you weren't provisioned properly, but once you provision, that wont do you any good if you aren't activated on the BB provisioning tool. Just call sprint BB support, tell them to check the blackberry provisioning tool and make sure you are provisioned, tell them to check hcm and make sure there and no pending requests, then have them send you the service books. A lot of people dont know this, but sprint reps have to stay on the phone with you until you say they can get off. So, if you get someone on the phone, and at the end you dont feel that everything is working properly, tell them you want to test it. If it isn't working, tell them that you dont think its working and they have to stay on the phone with you and make sure everything is to your liking. I have been Blackberry tech support for over a year, and trust me, I know how it is. Ask me if you have any sprint/blackberry questions. Later guys
    03-08-08 10:53 PM
    The number to Sprint BB support... directly, which we at sprint aren't allowed to give out, is 1800 654 9111 and its option 2
    03-08-08 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD