I just got my BB a couple of days ago and I love it. I'm switching from a t-mobile sidekick 3, don't ever get one. However there are some things that came on the sk3 that I want on my BB. I want to preface this saying that I do not have manual, this phone was given to me as a hand-me-down so I can't just thumb through the manual and look up how to do this.

1. Aim - I tried to use jivetalk but I really do not want to pay for aim. I heard that the blackberry site doesn't support Verizon so I downloaded ramble. But when I downloaded it it only came with a .cod and .alx files. I don't know what to do with these, or if Ramble is any good. So any suggestions on which app. to use for aim and also what to do with .cod + .alx files would be nice.

2. How do I edit what apps are displayed on the default screen? And how do I change the background of the phone itself.

3. Is there a program that export my contacts from my sk3 and transfer them to my BB?

4. Is there a way to text a group of people at one time? Like 5-6 people all getting the same text message?

5. Ringtones - I realize I need to place the .mp3 file of the ringtone I want on the BB I just do not know where.

Thank you very much in advance. Sorry for making a thread for such easy questions, I just do not have access to the manual for the phone.
    01-02-08 12:03 AM
    I just got my BB a couple of days ago and I love it. I'm switching from a t-mobile sidekick 3, don't ever get one. However there are some things that came on the sk3 that I want on my BB. I want to preface this saying that I do not have manual, this phone was given to me as a hand-me-down so I can't just thumb through the manual and look up how to do this.

1. Aim - I tried to use jivetalk but I really do not want to pay for aim. I heard that the blackberry site doesn't support Verizon so I downloaded ramble. But when I downloaded it it only came with a .cod and .alx files. I don't know what to do with these, or if Ramble is any good. So any suggestions on which app. to use for aim and also what to do with .cod + .alx files would be nice.

2. How do I edit what apps are displayed on the default screen? And how do I change the background of the phone itself.

3. Is there a program that export my contacts from my sk3 and transfer them to my BB?

4. Is there a way to text a group of people at one time? Like 5-6 people all getting the same text message?

5. Ringtones - I realize I need to place the .mp3 file of the ringtone I want on the BB I just do not know where.

Thank you very much in advance. Sorry for making a thread for such easy questions, I just do not have access to the manual for the phone.
    OK question number 1) while phone is plugged in to the computer and your desktop manager is open select application loader and this is where you add those programs from.

Question 2) move to a Icon that you don't want to see and select the menu button. from here you can hide and move each one. Changing the back ground just take a photo of select one from your media files and once again select the media button and than select the make background.

Question 3) if you can get you contacts from your old phone transfered to your outlook, this is where you BB will sync to.

Question 4) After you select the one person to text than select the menu button and select add.
    01-02-08 12:55 AM
    thanks. Any idea on why ramble won't log in? I checked the server info for aim too in the config and everything looks fine, it just will not log in.

I got the photo thing done and the ringtone thing, as well as the displayed icon thing.

Thanks a lot.
    01-02-08 01:57 AM
    You can find the manuals here : Livelink - Redirection
    01-02-08 02:06 PM
    I still can't connect to aim through any prog that I try on my BB. Can anyone that has verizon post the serverort they connect to, and any other config. info. I may need?

Thank you
    01-02-08 02:30 PM
    I still can't connect to aim through any prog that I try on my BB. Can anyone that has verizon post the serverort they connect to, and any other config. info. I may need?

Thank you
    I couldn't find the server port for Jivetalk but make sure in your permissions it is set to "allow" user data.

Options-Advanced options-applications-jivetalk-BB function key-edit permissions-
    01-02-08 03:08 PM
    I did that for Ramble. Didn't fix anything though, I'm gonna try and get jivetalk again.
    01-02-08 11:40 PM
    jivetalk works. everything is set now, awesome. Thanks everyone.
    01-03-08 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD