My 8830 just started to have a constant solid bright green light showing. I have never seen this before in the 5 months I have had it. Can someone help me understand why it is doing this? I have tried restarting it, have given a full charge. I don't know the problem.
    Thanks in advance.
    08-11-08 11:08 AM
    With the device on remove the battery and replace it after 30 seconds.

Let us know if it is still on after the device boots up.
    08-11-08 02:54 PM
    Device booted up and the light is still on.
    08-12-08 10:15 AM
    A Solid Bright Green light?!?!?!

OMG!!! You have agrivated the RIMlins and now they are watching you!!!

Quick the only thing that can save you is the martial art technique known as Thumbs of Fury!!

To perform this technique one must message, e-mail, IM, and surf continously until the RIMlins are too tired to watch you any more.

There is a temporary fix though if your thumbs are not up to the task of Thumbs of Fury.

It is called the Redneck Technique.

To perform this technique you place a small piece of duct tape over the bright green light, this temporarily blinds the RIMlins so that they can not watch you, but it is temporary.

or you could just go to Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED Coverage Indicator and change it to OFF.

Enjoy Grasshopper
    08-12-08 02:38 PM
    It's not the coverage LED. This one stays on all the time and is considerably brighter than the coverage blinking light.
    08-13-08 10:32 AM
    I've seen this happen before on a friends' WE, and when I did a battery pull it corrected itself. What OS are you running??
    08-13-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD