A work colleage sent me an email message that contained a Windows screen shot in the form of an attached jpg. I opened the email message and then selected "open attachment". The attachement opened and I attempted to zoom the image. The area that I needed to zoom was located to the very far right of the image. I could not figure out how to pan to an area and then zoom using the options that are presented on the Blackberry Menu when zooming an image.

Since I have to perform this zooming operation quite often when I receive and email that contains a screen shot image, I would really appreciate some assistance with how to pan and zoom in an image.

Thanks,

-jim
    07-18-08 01:20 PM
    No answer -- but I JUST posted the same question. Hope someone can help out.

Ramona
    07-18-08 01:26 PM
    Menu button > Zoom. Then scroll with your trackball and menu > zoom again.

Hope that helps.
    07-18-08 01:34 PM
    and then after you zoom you can roll your trackball to get you to the piece of the image you need to see.
    07-18-08 01:39 PM
    It doesn't seem to help because there seems to be no way to "pan" within the image. I need to "pan" over to the right side of the image and then enlarge that area. When I go into "zoom mode" the trackball controls the zoom function but doesn't allow me to pan around in the image. I also can't figure out how to pan in the image before invoking the zoom function. That would accomplish the desired result, but it just doesn't see to do it!!

Menu button > Zoom. Then scroll with your trackball and menu > zoom again.

Hope that helps.
    07-18-08 06:10 PM
    Sorry cell I should have been a bit more thorough once you do the inital zoom press the trackball this will exit the zoom allowing you to move around the zoomed jpeg, then scroll over to the desired part of the jpeg then zoom again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 07:26 PM
    Thanks,

That information was very helpful and it worked exactly as you described.

Sorry cell I should have been a bit more thorough once you do the inital zoom press the trackball this will exit the zoom allowing you to move around the zoomed jpeg, then scroll over to the desired part of the jpeg then zoom again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD