In retrieving voice mail from the system in my office, I am required to press the "*" and "#" keys. I find that I can't get these keys to register with my office system by pressing the ALT-Q and ALT-A buttons on my Blackberry 8830 during the call. Is there any way to assign these characters to other keys so that they will register with my office system? Thanks in advance for any help.
    06-18-09 09:52 AM
    When you're on a call on your BlackBerry, the phone knows that you are likely only going to be pressing numbers. "Press 1 for English," etc. So, there actually is no need to use the ALT button. Simply just press the Q (or "#) and A ("*") as necessary.

An additional tip: if you ever need to dial by name, you can press ALT-Letter, and the phone will automatically press the number associated with the letter that you need. It's kind of reverse from the default when you are on a call because calls typically make more use of numbers than of letters.
    06-18-09 10:48 AM
    It seems the most irksome of problems often have the simplest solutions. Thank you so much for the help!!
    06-18-09 08:49 PM
    Certainly! Glad to assist!
    06-19-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD