I have a BB 8830 with Verizon. I used BES for work but have left that job. I want to deactivate/delete the BES from the phone and use Desktop Manager to sync with Outlook on my computer. How do I get rid of BES?
    11-11-08 11:23 AM
    If this is your personal phone and you no longer work for your employer, you can remove the policy by following the steps in this procedure by Forums Moderator Pete6: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/

If this is an employer-owned phone, you will need to get the IT department to remove the IT policy. Even if you succeed in removing it, it will just be pushed back the next time you access the Enterprise, and you could get in serious trouble for breaching security.
    11-11-08 10:20 PM
    Thanks Jeff! This is my personal phone and I no longer work for the employer. I will follow the steps in your forum link.
    11-12-08 07:51 AM
    I have the same issue and was hoping not to have to wipe the device. Is it possible for the company I used to work for remove the IT Policy?
    11-12-08 09:54 PM
    I have the same issue and was hoping not to have to wipe the device. Is it possible for the company I used to work for remove the IT Policy?
    Yes, although if you no longer work for them, they may not wish to reconnect your phone to the enterprise. If they do, they may wipe the phone as part of their process. You have more control if you do it yourself, and you can ensure that it's backed up. Your former employer will only be concerned with removing their data, not protecting your personal info.
    11-12-08 10:13 PM
    Just back it up first, remove the policy, and then restore the data.
    11-12-08 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD