So this past weekend I went out to see Ryan Leslie (R&B Singer) perform at a club that I used to do promotional work for. I was back in the VIP with my girlfriend, her sister and some other people.

Now, I should have known this would be a crappy night, because the guy didnt show up until 3am when he was scheduled to arrive at 1am, and the freakin club closes at 4am! My girlfriends sister just wanted his autograph and a photo, thats all. I had to pay $100 for the couch reservation in the VIP, another @200 for a bottle of grey goose, and $175 for champagne. Ridiculous, I know, but thats the "club price" on pretty much anything. Anyway, so the guy shows up late, and to top it off he dosent come in through the VIP entrance, he sneaks in through the backdoor, performs 3 songs, and leaves in 30 min. WTF! Now, he was supposed to come by the VIP on his way out to sign autographs, and take photos etc etc...they even anounced to everyone that he was coming back on his way out....instead, he snuck out the back door..same way he came in. Lovely. So now, the girlfriends sister is dissapointed (did i mention she even gave me a $30 starbucks card for setting this whole thing up, so she could meet the guy) and apparently in the meantime, that $200 bottle of grey goose was stolen, along with my debit card, and my blackberry which just so happened to be a BRAND NEW replacement from Asurion!!! Luckilly, Google Sync was ON and SYNCHING baby! When I got home, I was happy to see all of the numbers I added into my phone while networking at the club, were sitting in my gmail account. Thats the only good part out of any of this madness. Called Asurion, and I found out you are allowed 3 replacement devices within 12 months. Now, I understand this...but in my case, this is not going to fly. The first 8830 that I paid $400 for was legitimately broken. Somehow the internal antenna failed, and rather than replacing it, they took the entire phone and sent a new one. However, even though this "new" 8830 was fresh out of the box, the trackball was defective from day one. At times it would highlight and select things, and just keep doing it over and over again like it was mad at me for something I did...lol. There were a few times where it would highlight and select the previous txt I sent to someone, and re-send it over and over again until I realized what was happening. So I contacted Asurion in regards to this, and they advice its a $50 deductible, even though the phone they sent me is defective. I posted about this whole ordeal previously. I fought it for weeks, and at the end of the day SPRING credited me $25 (Half) of the $50 deductible. Fine. So anyway, because of that...The 3 devices in a 12 month period limit is not going to fly. What happens if it breaks down again (as 8830's are famous for) to no fault of my own? I am just screwed here? No way...so thats a whole other issue I am going to have to freakin battle. Not to mention, on my berry I had a ton of confidential info saved, as well as credit card numbers(even though that was stolen anyway) passwords, etc etc. Last night I got an email from google asking to confirm my password change. I didnt initiate a password change, but the l/p of one of my clients accounts is saved in the phone. The secondary email on his account is mine, so the password change came to me. The theif wouldnt have know this, and therefore I now know that SOMEONE has it. I called sprint immediately to turn the service back on in an effort to communicate with this guy somehow. I am kicking myself in the *** for not having google maps with latitute still turned on!!!! I am also kicking myself for not keeping the password protection on, and locking the phone like i should have. Lessons learnt here folks.
    Sorry for the long post, gramatical errors, etc....its been a long night/day/going to be upcoming week.....sigh....things will get better. Now if only the Niagra was being released on sprint tomorrow...wouldnt that be grand !!!

Michael

not posted via wap.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 03:39 PM
    im so sorry to hear that your baby was stolen! how sad! =(
    03-29-09 03:41 PM
    Sorry to hear this! What a terrible night you all had!! Also, sorry to hear about the bad luck you've had with your new BBs. Maybe you should consider another model if you can. I am enjoying my Curve much better than my old 8830.
    Best wishes to you!

Lori
    03-29-09 06:09 PM
    this is very sad.
    03-29-09 07:07 PM
    Bummer. Phone stealers suck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 09:21 PM
    ouch!! sorry to hear that
    03-29-09 09:28 PM
    Man that is terrible...sorry for your loss!
    03-29-09 09:31 PM
    Lol at least I have an iPod touch to him me over... Still using skype to make phone calls sucks!!! Can't wait till Tuesday!! At least asurion is good about overnighting phones!

03-29-09 09:34 PM
    Oh and reading this forum you'd think I lost a child LOL !! Well I guess till my gf pops out a babymy BB is my child

03-29-09 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD