my blackberry 8830WE is stuck in roaming when i'm indoors. When i'm outdoors it's fine, but right when i step into the car or at home, my bars quickly disappear. I've tried pulling my battery, and still the same!

help?
    08-22-08 08:38 PM
    try to reregister with the network options>advanced>host routing table>hit menu then register now
    08-22-08 08:51 PM
    I have Sprint also and my 8830 would frequently go into roaming when I was inside, but every since sprint recently upgraded the network here I don't seem to have that issue as much.
    08-22-08 09:02 PM
    Sprint
    It's not the network...
    08-22-08 09:05 PM
    try to reregister with the network options>advanced>host routing table>hit menu then register now

As i scroll down the HRT Editor (there's at least 50 options) there's one in particular that's in bold font Sprint[640] any significance?? do i go through ALL the items and activate each....??? nothing happend on the one's that i did activate...
    08-22-08 11:58 PM
    No, that part is fine. It'll look like that, you only Register with the menu, not every single one, you can't do that anyway. However, that HRT registration is only for BB Data services, it won't help your roaming problem. Do this... Call up Sprint and tell them you want a PRL update. They will make the small change on your account to OTA program, then you hang up and dial back into Customer Service with *2. The phone will go into OTA PRL update and upgrade its roaming list for Sprint's towers. See if that fixes things.

Remember that a Blackberry has two sides, the voice part is on the Qualcomm chipset programming procedures and the data side is on the BB HRT/Service Book programming procedures.
    08-23-08 04:04 PM
    Did you do a hard reset/battery pull? Or turn all network connections off then back on?

Only suggestions I have rather then call customer service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 06:18 PM
    Did you do a hard reset/battery pull? Or turn all network connections off then back on?

Only suggestions I have rather then call customer service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    0 for 1. The OP indicated they pulled the battery.
    08-25-08 07:40 PM
    I tried everything.. I finally called Customer Service again and was on the phone with them for hours.. We did a hard reset, and wiped all my data, and still the same!! They're sending me a new phone (bonus!) but still, you would think that they would have all the answers! i mean, that's why we pay them!
    Nonetheless, thanks for all your help guys..
    08-31-08 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD