I've searched and I've seen others post about their BB running slow, and I've deleted apps, deleted email attachments, pulled the battery, but now what?
    when I get a message it takes up to 10 seconds to open, and it takes awhile for the messages to send as well
    file free memory is: 2697207 bytes
    will adding a SD card help?
    04-17-09 09:13 AM
    You still have only 2.6MB after deleting a bunch of stuff. That's not very much. Get a memory card and move all you media to it.
    04-17-09 09:24 AM
    In my experience, even at 2 meg it shouldn't crawl that bad. 10 sec to open a message is nuts...

What OS are you running? Seems like something may be corrupted possibly...
    04-20-09 07:41 AM
    You still have only 2.6MB after deleting a bunch of stuff. That's not very much. Get a memory card and move all you media to it.
    Exactly... move all pics and music/ringtones to the card. BUT the main thing he needs to do ASAP is search on CB here for the memory 101 thread and free up memory since BBs are known to need 12mb free to run smoothly.

After that, keep all caches clean and do a soft restart once a day.
    04-20-09 08:14 AM
    Memory optimization is extremely important and he does need to get what he can off into a card and do mem 101.

But, (although I'm quite familiar w/the 12 meg or so needed) mine has never ran that slow at 2meg. I've ran mine terribly low (into the almost 0k area with BETA 4.5's) very often and it didn't run quite "that" slow" haha... I'm wondering if there is something whacky, like an app that isn't playing nice with the OS.
    04-20-09 08:28 AM
    There has got to be something keeping memory down that low. MP3s, pictures, videos, apps.

With nothing else loaded, you should have 12-19MB free, easily.
    04-20-09 09:07 AM
    ok, I've since bought a 4gig memory card, and my phone is slow as evolution! I just don't get it. Battery pulls solve nothing.
    Any suggestions?
    File free: 12711838 bytes
    Card is: 3.5gig free
    06-03-09 08:09 PM
    The card does very little for memory other than allow you to move the internal sample videos, music and photos off the device.

As a matter of fact, I suspect but don't know, that once you have a lot of data on the card, such as music, the BB might take some internal memory to index or deal with the info on the card.
    06-03-09 08:27 PM
    ok, I've since bought a 4gig memory card, and my phone is slow as evolution! I just don't get it. Battery pulls solve nothing.
    Any suggestions?
    File free: 12711838 bytes
    Card is: 3.5gig free
    What apps and OS are you running? I've seen more and more threads about slow BBs running Facebook. Could that be a culprit?
    06-04-09 06:28 AM
    If it's not the Facebook issue, which I think as well that it could be, then I'd suggest doing a full backup using the steps found on this site and then use JL_Cmdr and wipe it, not once, but a couple of times. And start it over completely from the ground up. Then slowly reintegrate your programs.

I've only had mine just under a week-ish, and with all the experiementing i've done, OS upgrades/downgrade, I got to a point where my CB just wouldn't stay anywhere close to 12mb. Finally did a backup and dumped the OS and wiped it 7-10 times. Loaded up fresh and now I sit consistantly around 18-20mb free.

(Yes, in just the short week time, my CB has been upgraded/downgraded/wiped at least 10x due to personal experimentation and learning curve enhancement.)
    06-04-09 08:12 AM
    I've searched and I've seen others post about their BB running slow, and I've deleted apps, deleted email attachments, pulled the battery, but now what?
    when I get a message it takes up to 10 seconds to open, and it takes awhile for the messages to send as well
    file free memory is: 2697207 bytes
    will adding a SD card help?
    What apps do you still have installed? What apps are running (Hold alt and hit escape, then scroll through the list.)
    06-04-09 08:39 AM
    I'm running 4.5 OS, and have absolutely NO applications installed.
    This slow phone is driving me nuts!!
    06-04-09 10:15 AM
    How about clearing the log on your phone? (Hold Alt - and type LGLG) then go to the menu and clear log.
    06-04-09 12:12 PM
    How slow is slow. Is it just your moving to fast for your phone???
    06-04-09 03:30 PM
    How about clearing the log on your phone? (Hold Alt - and type LGLG) then go to the menu and clear log.
    Did that, thanks, but didn't help much at all

How slow is slow. Is it just your moving to fast for your phone???
    well when i open a message it takes a bout 10 seconds to open, and about 20 seconds to send or navigate through messages.

memory is 11834349 bytes
    Last edited by trudawg; 06-04-09 at 03:46 PM.
    06-04-09 03:43 PM
    **edit**
    nevermind
    Last edited by trudawg; 06-04-09 at 04:31 PM.
    06-04-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD