Hi all.
    Ive had my phone for about 4 month now and am happy with it until recently. I have been getting complaints from my friends that I call them early in the mornings (ie. 3:00 am) or any other time. I called Verizon and they confirmed that the calls came from my phone. Their fix for this was to do a hard reset (reboot) on the phone. I would like to know if anybody has heard of anything like happenning before.
    Thanks
    04-16-08 07:56 PM
    i havent, but i would assume its something to do with the device itself, not the OS, but thats just me.
    04-16-08 08:02 PM
    One way this happens is that you leave a bluetooth earbud with last number redial paired to your phone and put the earbud somewhere where its button can be pushed...more than once I've had friends tell me I'd called them and left long messages, conversations heard from my pants pocket...I've also had one call from a friend whose phone called me from her purse while she was driving down the highway.
    04-16-08 10:47 PM
    Sometimes mine calls from my pocket. I'll forget to lock it and accidently create a speeddial for someone then it calls...but if your not toucking it then idk!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 11:11 PM
    i've had the same problem, it was the "p" key set to speed dial and somehow i would hit the key and it would call the person assoicated with it. i took away all speed dial keys and its never happened since.

dez
    04-17-08 01:22 AM
    Maybe you need a priest?
    04-17-08 06:30 AM
    Do you Sleep Walk?
    04-17-08 10:10 AM
    I've had the bluetooth earpiece gremlin happen to me way too many times too. I keep it in my pocket when I'm not using it and somehow something will press long enough to turn it on and then all it takes is another press to redial the last number.
    04-17-08 10:18 AM
    Mine did this for a while, but then stopped. I am not sure why it started doing this or then why it stopped. It would usually dial one person and did it 2 or 3 nights in a weeks time. It switched people once or twice. My phone was on not in my pocket or being handled by anyone. I can't explain it! Michele
    04-17-08 11:02 AM
    Since the reboot there have been no more self calling from the BB. At this point I dont know if the actual reboot worked or setting a bible next to the phone had anything to do with it. Thanks for the replys. You guys rock!!!
    04-17-08 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD