Hi all, is there a way to move my contacts in my address book of my 8830 to my SIM card and make my SIM card as the default storage facility for future contact entries? That should make it easy to swap the card into a new phone and have all of my contacts ready to go.

Thanks.
    11-24-09 03:33 PM
    Contacts have to be moved to / from the SIM card one at a time. Also, the SIM card does not hold all the info that's in the Address Book for each contact. A better portability solution (between BlackBerry devices) is to make a backup of the first device and restore it on the second. Another good option is to sync the first device to Outlook, then sync the second. Either of these options saves all your contact info, not just a portion of it.
    11-24-09 04:07 PM
    Jeffh,

I'm having problem with my PocketMac app recognizing my BB. How do you back up your address book, calendar, BBM contacts and than restore them on the new BB?
    11-24-09 06:45 PM
    I use Desktop Manager on a PC. RIM recently released Desktop Manager for Mac. You might want to try that.
    11-24-09 07:33 PM
    Jeffh, I don't have access to a PC and my Mac is only running Tiger which doesn't support RIM's new Desktop manager for the Mac. Again, my PockertMac is not recognizing my 8830.

Therefore, outside of a desktop app, how do I back up the device?
    11-24-09 07:56 PM
    Jeffh, I don't have access to a PC and my Mac is only running Tiger which doesn't support RIM's new Desktop manager for the Mac. Again, my PockertMac is not recognizing my 8830.

Therefore, outside of a desktop app, how do I back up the device?
    you have the following options:

Upgrade your mac
    get PM working
    Buy missing sync
    Use google for calendar and contact sync
    borrow a pc
    11-24-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD