Just purchased my 8830 from Verizon yesterday and have worked out a lot of the common issues with my gmail account. However, for some reason whenever I send a message from the BB from my gmail account I receive two messages on my PC's outlook. Pretty annoying!!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    12-20-07 02:40 PM
    Im not 100% sure but it sounds like you may need to adjusty your settings for you mail account. Turn off the the Confirm Send, Confirm Read & Send Read Reciepts for the gmail account and it may take care of the problem. This can be done buy opening the mailbox on your handheld. Press the blackberry button and select options. From there you can adjust your setting for all of your mail boxes.
    If you are having other GMail issues, then I suggest you take a look at the link that I have pasted below. I had similar GMail issues and after reading the link below, I was able to get it under control. Good Luck and I hoped it helped.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

You can also do a search in all forums for GMail issues and you should be able to find what you're looking for.
    12-20-07 06:53 PM
    straitmt, I just got my blackberry and I am having the SAME EXACT problem with my gmail account. I have been trying to play with the settings to get it to go away without any luck.
    12-20-07 06:58 PM
    That's pretty easy to fix. Log into your BIS account from a desktop computer. Out to the right side of your gmail address, click on "Filters". Click "Add Filter", give it a name (anything is fine), select Apply filter when: "From" field, then in the Contains: line, type your gmail e-mail address. Finally, make sure the "Do not forward messages to the device" option is selected. Click Add Filter. That fixed it for me. Hope this helps.
    12-20-07 08:04 PM
    Thanks for the help I just realized when I setup the filters I must have closed browser before I saved the changes.
    12-20-07 08:52 PM
    Guys this is a real easy fix. Enable the imap feature in gmail. Use the help tab in gmail and it will show you how to setup your blackberry to work with imap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-07 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD