I did a search, but I didn't have any luck answering my concern.
    I am trying to sync my BB with Outlook, specifically my calendar, on my home computer. I receive an error everytime I try to do the setup.
    Is it not possible to sync to Outlook Calendar?
    If it is possible, what am I doing wrong?
    I hook up my BB use to DManager to sync with Outlook, run setup and get to "finish" screen, then an error (referring to "table").
    03-12-08 07:45 AM
    Yes, I sync with Outlook 2000 and I do the contact list, calendar, tasks and notes without any trouble. Which version of Outlook, what OS is on the BB and what version of Desktop Manager are you using?
    03-12-08 11:00 PM
    Phone V 4.2.2.176
    DM V 4.3
    Outlook 2007
    03-12-08 11:03 PM
    Is that the version of Desktop Manager that came with the phone. I am running version 4.2.2.12.
    03-12-08 11:24 PM
    Yes, that is the version that came with the phone. (V 4.3)
    03-12-08 11:36 PM
    Hmmm.. I'd be tempted to reinstall the Desktop Manager or go in it and reconfigure the sync application to make sure you set it up correctly. I assume you are only syncing on one computer and not multiple ones to the BB. I had no problems setting up the sync process but I am syncing everything not just the calendar. I am running a Windows XP SP2 version of windows and I also have everything for Outlook installed in the default locations like where the pst files are located. I compress my pst file every once in a while to clean them up and I assume it fixes any problems when I do that.

Wish I could be more helpful. I have synced Outlook to a lot of stuff over the years and most of my problems have been with field mapping and sorting that out. If you find a solution you should post it. I am sure someone else is having the problem or has had the problem at one time or another.
    03-13-08 12:06 PM
    It looks like some people have issues with DM V 4.3, at least by what I have read in other forums. I don't know what is up... how do you restart Outlook as if you never created a profile? Maybe that will work?
    03-13-08 06:32 PM
    I doubt it is Outlook. If you were having problems you would see problems in Outlook when you add/delete calendar entries. Just make sure you have some entries in the calendar that are in the future so the DM software will push them to the phone.

Are you also syncing the contacts, tasks and notes from Outlook or just the calendar and do the entries appear in the phone? From the way you described the problem it did not sound as if you were but, if you are and everything in the contacts, tasks and notes are syncing ok then it is something maybe with DM. Post the exact error you are getting from DM. That may yield a clue.
    Last edited by jc34; 03-14-08 at 05:46 AM.
    03-14-08 05:37 AM
    Well I am going to have a phone call with Microsoft Tech support tonight. The Microsoft Tech guy seemed to act as if it was an issue with Microsoft because it was a runtime error. We'll see. i will keep you posted.
    03-14-08 01:24 PM
    FWIW, I have had the same problem after "upgrading" Desktop Mgr to 4.3, and in fact am in the process right now of deleting it and reinstalling 4.2.2 which I know works fine for syncing Outlook. I've tried it 2x now and will abandon future efforts until I see something on the board that de-codes the problem.
    03-14-08 01:31 PM
    The Fix:

After spending about 6 hours dealing with customer service between Verizon, Microsoft, and RIM, the simple answer to this fix, like many have posted on other forums before, is to downgrade Desktop Manager to 4.2.
    03-17-08 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD