I'm receiving 10 to 20 plus emails the last couple of days that say: This message is used to carry data between the BB and associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

What does this all mean and what do I do with it?

Thanks,

tmags
    12-22-07 04:27 PM
    It means you set up something wrong, but its fairly easy to fix.

1st - What do you use to get email? BES or BIS?
    2nd - Do you have the Desktop Manager program installed on your computer?
    3rd - If you do have DTM installed, do you have an icon called "Redirector settings" or "Email Settings"?
    4th - were you ever prompted to "regenerate encryption keys" when connected to your Desktop? (move the mouse around while a progress bar moves across the screen)

My guess is that your answers will be:
    1) BIS
    2) Yes
    3) Yes
    4) Yes

If this is the case, on your BB, go to "options -> advanced options -> service books". Locate all the "Desktop" service books, and delete them.

This will be a temporary fix, because as soon as you do, and then reconnect to DTM, it will ask you to regenerate encryption keys again, and that will recreate these service books. At this point, you have 2 choices, always remember to hit "cancel" when prompted, or uninstall DTM, and reinstall it, but choose the option for "BlackBerry Internet Service", not "BlackBerry Enterprise Server / Desktop Redirector"
    12-23-07 11:38 AM
    I get these too, sent to the Inbox on my work email. Yes, I use BIS, DTM and Redirector. I was unaware they are a problem as after five minutes or so, they simply disappear. I took them at face value, that they were integrating some information with my desktop and they just processed themselves and self deleted.

Do you really need to "fix" this?
    12-23-07 11:56 AM
    I get these too, sent to the Inbox on my work email. Yes, I use BIS, DTM and Redirector. I was unaware they are a problem as after five minutes or so, they simply disappear. I took them at face value, that they were integrating some information with my desktop and they just processed themselves and self deleted.

Do you really need to "fix" this?
    IF they disapear, then things are working correctly...this is how the Desktop Redirector functions. Its only if they never disapear.
    12-23-07 12:21 PM
    If you're using BIS or BES you DON'T NEED REDIRECTOR!!!!
    12-23-07 03:14 PM
    If you're using BIS or BES you DON'T NEED REDIRECTOR!!!!
    If you had just used one more exclamation point, I would believe you.

As I do not have BES, how do I get my work email forwarded to my handset without Redirector? Or, WITHOUT REDIRECTOR?????
    12-23-07 07:14 PM
    If you had just used one more exclamation point, I would believe you.

As I do not have BES, how do I get my work email forwarded to my handset without Redirector? Or, WITHOUT REDIRECTOR?????
    Are you able to access your work email from the web? (webmail or Outlook Web Access?
    If so, then you can set up BIS. (exactly how, I'm not 100% sure, as my BIS emails are all POP)
    12-23-07 08:07 PM
    Perhaps you shouldn't have stated above that you use BIS then... huh? If you tell us what you use for an EMail client we could tell you what you need to use to get reliable email instead of redirector, which leaves you without email should something shut down your PC at work.
    12-23-07 08:25 PM
    In a situation like this, remove the said account from BIS/BES, and re-add it, period...
    12-24-07 07:57 AM
    Perhaps you shouldn't have stated above that you use BIS then... huh? If you tell us what you use for an EMail client we could tell you what you need to use to get reliable email instead of redirector, which leaves you without email should something shut down your PC at work.
    I'm perfectly happy with Redirector. I guess with all the caps and punctuation marks, communication became impeded. We have an Exchange server and I use Outlook. Redirector works fine so I was surprised you yelled at me. If my desktop goes down, civilization will run just fine until I reboot in the morning.
    12-24-07 05:15 PM
    If Outook Web Access is open on your server then you can setup your account in BIS and you wouldn't have to waste energy running that PC at the office. :P

Also, I wasn't yelling at you, I was simply wanting to make sure it stood out from the rest of the text.
    12-24-07 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD