Ok this is a bit weird. I got a replacement for my 8830 due to a faulty trackball. I did a backup/restore to the new 8830 but there is one problem. The menu text is stuck on Bold. I know it seems like a petty problem but it is driving me nuts!! Anyone else have this problem?? I'm tempted to send it back and get a different one but I want to see if it is something I can fix myself.
    04-30-08 12:11 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    04-30-08 12:36 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    Yup tried that....does nothing.

Is there a way to do a hard reset to completely wipe the device clean and start from scratch? I still have my old phone with the faulty trackball which I am still using until I resolve the menu issue.
    04-30-08 12:46 PM
    So this only started happening after you restored to the phone? Have you checke your Screen/Keyboard settings?

You can wipe all personal information by going to Options > Security > General Options > Menu > Wipe Handheld.
    04-30-08 12:51 PM
    This problem existed ever since I first powered on the replacement phone. I just wiped the phone and the menu is still stuck on Bold. The firmware is v4.2.2.176 Could it be change RIM made in the firmware??
    04-30-08 01:04 PM
    Could be. Perhaps it's just normal behavior and something you have to get used to...
    04-30-08 01:07 PM
    Could be. Perhaps it's just normal behavior and something you have to get used to...
    Probably.....Can you tell I hate change

Thanks for all your help though!! I guess I can scale the font down to compensate for the Bold menu.
    04-30-08 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD