Is it normal for the amount of free memory to keep going down even if you have not added any programs? What makes a battery pull bring it back? Thanks for any insight into this.
    11-06-08 11:39 PM
    how much is it going down? it does drop somewhat throughout the day with normal use. I don't know the technical reason the battery pull works, i think it just dumps all the useless things the phone remembers throughout the day. If it's below 13MB it will start deleting your messages and call logs. if you want to free some up click the memory optimization procedure in my signature
    11-07-08 06:30 AM
    When you pull the battery it "reboots" just like a pc. By doing the battery pull you dump what is in the ram. It is just like a computer apps, messages. Etc...use the ram for temp storage. By pulling the battery the temp storage gets "dumped". Therefore freeing up the memory. All computer like devices "leak" memory to an extent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 07:10 AM
    Given the model of phone you are using you really shouldn't need to be power-cycling (removing the battery) your phone as much as you are. I have seen this issue more often than not with the Pearl (8130). It would be a good practice in general to simply turn your device off at least once a week and charge it while you sleep, as stated above for similar reasons behind power-cycling a computer. Also installing additional memory via Micro SD card (this can be found depending on market about $20-$30 for a 4GB) Other than that calling your service provider for specific technical information will assist, you may want/need new service books to resolve the issue.
    11-07-08 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD