Okay, i'm having an issue, and i need to educate myself.

First of all i'm running 4.5.0.138 OS, secondly, my status says I have 4682760 bytes free. There is a lot of information out there and I need it streamlined if possible.

I don't have that many apps on my phone (or do i? I have A Personal Assistant, AIM, app world, two themes, facebook, three games, and weathereye - is that a lot for a normal bb? ), i want to get Beyond160 and QuickText, but obviously, i get that message saying i have less than 5MB, do i want to download. I've read different things on here, one person said cleaning their cache, but I can't find that option? And also CrackMem. I read the entire V3xx thread and i'm still a little confused as to what it does exactly. obviously it's supposed to help with mem performance, but i can't seem to find just a general description.

Can anyone help?
    06-15-09 01:40 PM
    bumping - can anyone help me?
    06-15-09 06:17 PM
    First of all easy with the bumps as you did not give it the proper time from your original post to do so. This is outlined in the Posting Rules link in my signature. Now to try and answer your question if you have 5 MB file free you don't wanna download more apps to make a potential problem worse. Once these devices get this low on memory it can start giving you problems like freezing up, deleting emails, texts you name it to try and compensate for it. Any themes/apps that you don't use should be deleted to help free space. Also any media should be on a media card and not the device memory. There is a memory optimization link also in my signature that should help you increase your file free memory. Here is a link on Crackmem so maybe it can answer any question you may have.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    06-15-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD