8830 WE
    Verizon
    2gb memory card

I have 1 application installed - CaptureIt
    I have 2 themes installed - custom
    All pictures/ringtones are on the memory card

That is it. No other apps or themes or Facebook, nothing. I have about 4 emails on my phone, no text messages saved. I will start fresh after a battery pull at about 14.5/15 gb. That is fine. I text a bit, use BBM, a little internet, and by the end of the day, I am under 10. So I delete the texts, memory goes down. I select the individual under address book, and clear the activity log, memory goes down. I do ALT + LGLG, memory keeps going down. I delete some email, memory goes down. I don't understand this. Isn't the memory supposed to increase when I do stuff like this? At the end of the day, I am lucky to be at 7gb. The other day I was at 5. What gives?

What am I doing wrong? Any advice or anything would be great, because this is bothering me to no end. Thank you.
    12-15-08 08:35 AM
    The 8830 has roughly 30mb less memory than the 8330 which is most common in the forum, and most discussed. It is unrealistic for your 8830 to maintain the memory that a Curve does, I think 15-17mb is average, daily use will drop that anywhere from 6-7mb.

You say that you continue to delete unneeded texts, try leaving them on and see if they delete themselves. If you are not having an issue with information disappearing, I wouldn't worry about it.
    12-15-08 08:42 AM
    So what you are saying is that I might not lose incoming texts and emails if I drop below 12mb? I just don't want to miss something possibly important by not having enough memory on my phone. It hasn't happened yet that I know of, but I see all these things posted on how you are supposed to be above 12mb.
    12-15-08 09:03 AM
    I probably should not admit this but generally run with only about 8mb of memory with all the odd applications I've installed. Now granted, I don't do tons of email and don't use messaging at all. So far, knock on wood, I have not lost anything that I'm aware of.

I do reboot when I get below 5mb generally.
    12-15-08 09:21 PM
    I wouldn't wait that long. If you start dipping in the single digits you should reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 09:25 PM
    Well, I deleted Docs To Go since I heard that it is a waste of space. Should I keep going, and eliminate Tasks and Brick Breaker and stuff like that?
    12-15-08 09:38 PM
    Check out this link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

12-15-08 09:46 PM
    I already checked that link out, and performed most of that stuff. I am still suffering from a major memory leak.

I lost 3mb after sending about 10 texts and deleting them, and one conversation on BBM. This is just horrible.
    12-16-08 10:42 AM
    I am using 4.5.0.101 and the BBM seems to be a hog on memory and battery.
    12-16-08 11:24 AM
    I am using 4.5.0.101 and the BBM seems to be a hog on memory and battery.
    You think that it might just be this beta release? I know that there is another one out there, .77 I think?
    12-16-08 02:51 PM
    Make sure you actually close your programs such as Facebook or even the Web Browser. If you just hit end or back they do not close. To properly close programs you press the Blackberry key and it is at the bottom of the list. I usually pull my battery once a week just to restart it so I dont ever lose text messages or emails...
    12-16-08 09:03 PM
    Well, I deleted Docs To Go since I heard that it is a waste of space. Should I keep going, and eliminate Tasks and Brick Breaker and stuff like that?
    Docs2Go takes up about 2MB alone, not to mention saved templates or documents. Yeah, unless you make fair use of it, it's a BIG waste of space. I took it off when I updated to 4.5 OS, knowing that if I ever changed my mind it would still be there to reinstall.
    12-19-08 08:34 PM
    Now that I have deleted Docs2Go, it seems to be more stable. I also now only have one custom theme on the phone, along with the stock ones. I regularly delete the text messages, and clear the cache, and it seems to be fine now I guess.
    12-19-08 08:37 PM
    Also, if you upgraded to 4.5, you might want run memory cleaner. If you're the kind of person that copy/paste a lot, that takes up memory. The only way to clear the copy/paste cache is to either run memory cleaner or do a reset
    12-21-08 01:44 AM
    how does one run memory cleaner?
    12-23-08 09:03 PM
    I do not have access to Memory Cleaner.
    12-23-08 09:48 PM
    Dont know if this helps, but i have verizon and have been on the phone with them for a few days regarding something similar to this. my call log wont keep many calls past 2 or 3 and my text messages (even on keep - forever) delete themseleves alarmingly regular. they are sending me a nother phone because i have has the service books sent to my phone more then a few times. and i have only have the phone since nov. 14.
    12-23-08 10:26 PM
    You think that it might just be this beta release? I know that there is another one out there, .77 I think?
    I definitely think that .101 has significant issues on both the memory leak and battery drain front. I, as well as others, have commented on this in previous posts. In fact these issues were the reason why I downgraded back to .77. I suggest you try out .77 and see if this improves your battery drain/memory leak on your device.

12-24-08 11:12 AM
    Doing that makes me nervous. I bought the phone from someone with 4.5 already installed on it. The thought of me trying to flash it makes my stomach a little sick.
    12-24-08 11:35 AM
    Look HF you really dont want to be on .51

.77 is where you want to be at this point.

Do some research and reading here in the forums and I think you will find that putting a new OS on a device is really not all that hard.

Read the Stickies and FAQs ask some questions after reading and I think you will be surprised how easy it is.

Read first!!!
    12-24-08 01:33 PM
    .77 doesn't have the memory leak issue?
    12-24-08 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD