I recently downloaded MediaPlayer because it said it would work with a bluetooth earpiece. That was very attractive to me, because I always have my earpiece with me. So if I wanted to catch a bit of a movie or some music privately, I could without digging out a set of headphones. I have the latest release of mediaplayer, and the latest 8830 firmware, but was not able to get anything through my earpiece. Today I picked up a Motorola S9. I can get music through the headset, but no sound from a video. I know this is an issue with the RIM movie player, but I really expected MediaPlayer to work. Has anyone gotten a video to play sound through a bluetooth headset? If so, what player and headset are you using?
    Thanks in advance,
    D
    01-04-08 06:34 PM
    Video sound will not play via Bluetooth. Yeah, I know it's stupid, but according to some sources this cannot be done because sound is actually cached as it's sent to the Bluetooth stereo headphones. This of course would mean that the sound is out of sync with the video. Bummo and I hope they (RIM) will eventually fix this.
    01-04-08 08:17 PM
    Well...that splains it!
    Thanks,
    D
    01-05-08 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD