So I sync with BB Desktop Manager. Then open Media Manager. My CPU Usage spike to 100% and my computer bogs down. RoxioMediaDB9.exe is utilizing my processing and continues to roll from 0% to 100%. It appears as if it is attempting to sync with my phone. The phone is recognized within Media Manager, but RoxioMediaDB9.exe never stops running. My 8830 then syncs again when I close Media Manager. Any ideas?
    03-05-08 10:08 PM
    Are you using a media card? It would be a lot easier to just enable mass storage mode and use windows explorer to browse to the media card.
    03-05-08 11:05 PM
    Sunkast, I appreciate the help. I was hoping that was an option. I have an 8GB. I suppose I can enable mass media storage for now and avoid media mgr. altogether. It appears that this software could be a complete headache. Also notable is the fact that they offer no support. However, the issue that I have for the long run is two fold. One, once I sync to my corporate BES it may disable my ability to turn on the Mass Storage mode. That was about the only the BES admin. said the company was against, but I�m not sure if they can block it. The other issue is file conversion for optimized playback, whatever that means. I just noticed that the Media Mgr. offered the conversion as an option.
    03-06-08 07:30 AM
    You're right, they might block out your media card (try searching the forums, I think I stumbled upon a thread that encountered it...) if you're on BES. As for converting, yes Media Manager can do it but so can a lot of other programs you can download that will give you less headaches than Roxio's Media Manager.
    03-06-08 03:26 PM
    Hey Migchi,

If memory serves me our phones can't recognise an 8gb card, 4gb is the max. as for the media software, i hate what came with it....it would lock up or peg my cpu like on your machine.....i either do the explorer thing or i use mediamonkey which works pretty well.
    03-06-08 03:47 PM
    Thanks everyone for the advice! keep it coming if you have ever heard of this. Also stephen, a few have had luck with 8 gb, so I risked it. My 8830 does recognize it.
    03-06-08 04:47 PM
    make that 3.6gb
    03-06-08 08:19 PM
    I have issues with media manager as well. the software for all intents and purposes is a clunky hog.

The problem with using explorer is that if your music is stored in seperate folders it is a pain in the a$$ to locate and copy it to the card (read Itunes music folders) Media manager puts it all in 1 spot for you.

If anyone know of another software that does what media manager does then bring it on.
    03-06-08 08:34 PM
    Some people have suggested Media Monkey in other threads.
    03-06-08 08:42 PM
    Ya, the 8830 will always format the card to a right format it supports. Maybe with a future update!?! I have a 2gig card, and I have 230 songs and two movies. So, you should have plenty of memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-08 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD