I have installed Desktop Manager twice (once from CD and once after downloading the latest from RIM site), but post installtion, I still do not get an icon for Media Manager, what am I doing wrong? How can i upload songs and files to my BB / media card with media manager? (Tried BT adaptor and that was not successful either).
    Please help.

Thanks
    09-20-07 04:51 PM
    Not to be too obvious but did you open Desktop Manager? The media manager icon is in there.
    09-20-07 11:19 PM
    Also, I take it for granted you intalled the newer version, 4.2.*?
    09-21-07 03:33 AM
    Yes to both questions. It is the latest version 4.2.2* which is out there and Desktop manager is the only place that I was trying to locate an icon for Media Manager.
    09-21-07 08:31 AM
    On the RIM site there are two versions of the 4.2 SP2 Desktop Manager. One with Roxio and one without. Make sure you are downloading the one with Roxio. It's over 200Mb. The one without is more like 50 or so.
    09-21-07 11:51 PM
    Yeap!
    1st of all, Media Manager is soooo combersome to install (when, in your case, it doesn't install when installing Desktop Manager) and it's often caused by the fact that you are not Administrator of you machine (happends often on company machines).. There're ways around this to install it (I did ... took me 2 hours to understand and fix the problem) but just knowing how the BB works might help you still install music/videos/images on your BB WITHOUT Media Manager.

1. Normally when you connect your BB using the USB cable to your machine, it will ask a question (on your BB) asking if you want to use it as a mass storage... Answer Yes and enter your BB's password... From there you will "see" it in your Windows Explorer and it will display 4 different folders (Music, Video, Picture and Ringtones.. if I remember correctly)
    2. The BB works with .mp3 for music and ringtones and .mp4 for video files.

So... just copy your .mp3 in Music/Ringtones and your .mp4 videos in Videos

That'll do the trick

Cheers!
    09-22-07 02:33 PM
    Nice reply Johnny! Appreciate the advice
    09-25-07 09:02 AM
    I found out that the Mass Media option is disabled on my BB - Company policy - go figure. So thanks a lot for all your help guys and see you around.
    09-27-07 04:46 PM
    You need to make sure that you have Local Admin rights to the machine you are installing the DTM with Roxio Media Manager. Roxio requires local admin rights for all users.
    09-27-07 04:58 PM
    I am having the same problem, i have installed the Desktop Manager several times and the Media Mananger doesn't show up. I did it at work and the Media Manager showed up on my work computer. My question is when i try and add a song to the phone, it says i don't have enough disk space. how do i fix that? also after songs and pictures are transfered from my computer to phone, how do i save it? i had 2 pictures on there and when i unplugged my phone, they disappeared.
    10-03-07 09:36 AM
    I think Vista only seems to work properly with the latest Blackberry software but I had trouble getting it to install, basically due to the Vista not letting the program properly install. I also had the problem with other 3rd party software and I used the solution at this link:

3rd party software installation problem associated with vbscript.dll - TechNet Forums

This fixes the Vista bug, but not everything. I still had problems getting all of the Blackberry desktop software to install (the 4.2 including the Roxio Media manager piece) so I used the following effective but time consuming solution:
    KB11650.

Additionally, before installed the latest desktop software, I had to remove an older version of Roxio (Creator 9) that I had installed on my Dell PC. I had Easy Media Creator 10 so I didn't need this old version. I don't know exactly what pieces of Media Creator you receive with the latest desktop software, so be careful here. You may not even have to worry about this, but it was something I needed to get the desktop software to install after I had successfully downloaded it.

But after I did all of this properly, EVERYTHING WORKS! The curve sync with all of my Outlook files, and the new Blackberry desktop software is fully functional!!!! YEAH!!!!! I hope this helps you.

P.S. I am with T-Mobile but I don't think that will make a difference.
    Last edited by anon(153966); 10-07-07 at 08:38 PM. Reason: ...links added
    10-07-07 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD