Had my WE for about a year or so and finally getting it connected to the computer. Suggestions for applications to use to manage contacts and calander??? I have outlook, but for some reason on my blackberry desktop manager i cannot find an option for outlook in the intellisync set up menu, only see ASCII and yahoo? Am I missing something?
    08-17-08 12:40 PM
    Hi whats the version of your device OS and also your DM manager?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 12:45 PM
    Never updated the OS on the device, just getting the thing connected to a new laptop the Desktop Manager is v4.5, how would i see the OS on device?
    08-17-08 12:48 PM
    On the device, Find the OPTIONS (Settings) icon and select it. Find ABOUT or STATUS and select - should show the device OS.

Desktop manager should have an Outlook option if outlook is installed on your computer....
    08-17-08 05:56 PM
    I like Google Calendar for calendar entries. You can enter them online via the internet and then transfer the information to your BB. I haven't found a good solution for the contacts yet; I'm interested to see if anyone else has.

MG
    08-17-08 09:28 PM
    I use the ASCII option to create a CSV file for contacts and edit it in a spreadsheet app. I personally use OpenOffice calc. It works very well in my opinion, but a database type of presentation of the info could work better. Wish that RIM (or another company for free) would make a device management suite for BBs beyond the very rudimentary one they have now.
    08-17-08 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD