I know there are multiple threads addressing this problem, and have been trying to keep up. I have made ringtones from mp3s and they play loud in the media player, but then very very low when actually set as the active ringtone. It seems like there is no fix for this at the moment, but I could have sworn I saw something before when I wasn't really looking to fix this particular problem. Is there actually a fix, or did I imagine it??
    07-15-08 08:43 PM
    If the JR's sticky hasn't worked for you, then I don't know what will. Are you running 4.5?
    07-15-08 10:06 PM
    If the JR's sticky hasn't worked for you, then I don't know what will. Are you running 4.5?
    I'm not running 4.5, so I haven't tried that. Maybe I will upgrade...has anyone does this and found the fix worth it?
    07-15-08 10:24 PM
    RIM hasn't made an official release to fix this issue with the 8830. If you know how to do the BETA upgrade, I would say go ahead and do it, and then follow JR's superloud sticky. It's the only partial fix out there right now... Check out the http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/ forum...
    Last edited by ediggity; 07-15-08 at 11:01 PM. Reason: additional info
    07-15-08 10:56 PM
    I think I'll go for it and see what happens. Thanks
    07-15-08 11:01 PM
    No Prob
    07-15-08 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD