I was having problems with my BB 8830 seemingly deleting entries with no apparent explanation. I won't get into all the details but the bottom line that the only way I could restore them was to delete all the entries (using DM) and then resynch with Outlook on lmy laptop. After posting that problem in these forums I received a number of suggestions (deleting extra calendars, applications, extra video) and it seemed to work. It's been fine for several weeks.

Today, I noticed that, once again, 90% of my calendar entries on the device were deleted (yes, I have the option "Keep Forever" selected). The only thing different was that the battery was very low. It had been some time since I let it get that low.

Could this be causing the problem?
    08-04-09 12:07 AM
    I wouldn't think so. The berry's response to low battery should be power management like cutting off the radios. Can't see how this is related. What about free memory? It deletes stuff when memory is low (though usualy messages etc.).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 12:36 AM
    My free memory usually hovers around 5MB but if I use the browser a lot it tends to go down to less than 1 MB. I wasn't losing entries even then but now it's starting to happen again. What I am going to do is limit the device calendar entries to 90 days and see if that makes any difference. Someone in another forum suggested I get the BB Tour since that one has 256MB.
    08-04-09 06:50 PM
    5MB free memory is pretty low, even running 4.5 OS. IT will definitely start deleting things around 1MB. Best suggestion is to have 10MB free and that will keep stuff from being deleted.
    08-05-09 07:18 AM
    5MB free memory is pretty low, even running 4.5 OS. IT will definitely start deleting things around 1MB. Best suggestion is to have 10MB free and that will keep stuff from being deleted.
    Agreed, 1mb is VERY low... Try to free up some space (set lower email retention time, uninstall unused apps, remove unused languages, etc.)

What release are you running? 4.5.x helps out a great deal with free memory when compared to 4.2.x
    08-05-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD