I have a fairly serious problem in which my blackberry will stop receiving messages from email and from SMS. This might also be happening with BB messenger but I havnt noticed it.

What happens is this... the phone will work as it should but will all of a sudden stop displaying messages even though the phone will still ring indicating that it just got a message. My inbox will be cleared of all messages that are not saved and no new messages will appear (even though the phone rang). Pulling the battery will solve the problem until it happens the next day.

The individual in-boxes do not show the new messages either and they are all cleared out of all unsaved messages.

The emails will show up in the gmail app... but that isnt through the push service.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

OS 4.2 on verizon

3rd party apps:
    Google Apps
    A couple themes
    beyond411
    BBSmart Alarms Pro
    JiveTalk
    AOL Instant Messenger
    Opera Mini
    Viigo
    WeatherEye
    XberryLive
    Conjola Sync
    10-30-08 08:56 AM
    You're out of memory.
    10-30-08 10:42 AM
    10-30-08 10:46 AM
    You're out of memory.

I have a 2GB memory card installed that has practically nothing on it? Can the blackberry be configured to spill into that space when it needs to or should I just clear out some of the applications?
    10-30-08 11:19 AM
    I have a 2GB memory card installed that has practically nothing on it? Can the blackberry be configured to spill into that space when it needs to or should I just clear out some of the applications?
    No, the blackberry can't be configured to use the media card as extended memory. Randomly deleting applications isn't the best approach, either. The link posted above has one approach. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay and linked in my sig, incorporates the tips in the link above, plus additional tips, and presents it in an easy to follow procedure, that makes it easier to recover from any mistakes you might make.

Here's how to get the best use from your Media Card:
    Mass Storage Mode lets you drag and drop files to/from your computer to your BlackBerry Media Card. You enable it as follows:

Status / Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

For most purposes, Mass Storage Mode is much better than Media Manager. The only time you really have to use Media Manager is to get pictures out of your device memory. Mass Storage Mode can't see the device memory. Once the pictures are on the Media Card, Mass Storage Mode will let you drag and drop between the BlackBerry and your PC.

In Rim's implementation of microSD cards, they're used for ringtones, videos, music, and pictures. (That's why Rim calls them Media Cards, even though they're sold as microSD cards.) You can also use one as a memory stick, like a USB disk, using Mass Storage mode, but you can't access those files from the BlackBerry without 3rd party software. You can't run apps from one, yet.
    10-30-08 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD