I just received my first BB. Most of it makes sense, but I'm having trouble setting up the LED flashing. I've gone through the manual and found most (all?) of the notification settings, but I haven't been able to get things they way I want them.

Here's what I'd like to have:
    Flashes For: Bluetooth Connected, Phone Ringing, Missed Phone Calls, Voicemail Messages, Low Battery, Calendar Event Alarm, Alarm
    Stay Off: Everything else. In other words, I don't want it to flash for emails or other messaging stuff.

I can't seem to find a definition for terms like "Level 1 Messages" and "Messages [Desktop]" which I found in the notifications section. If I understood them, perhaps it would all make sense.

Any help would be appreciated.
    11-21-07 08:48 AM
    level 1 messages are messages that you mark as such on the BIS site. You can also set pin messages to be level 1. It's just a way to discriminate some emails/messages and have them give a different alert. They also show as red on the message list.

Message [Desktop] is your corporate email from the BES or email being redirected using redirector.

You can set all of these to have no repeat notification (led.)
    11-21-07 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD