Okay so you can turn off the sounds when you are typing but how do you turn off the sounds made when you are dialing a phone number?

Kirby
    Lumpy1956 likes this.
    08-09-07 07:06 AM
    Nope, no can do. Not sure why thought...
    08-09-07 07:25 AM
    Nope, not can do...
    I guess the newer ones can't on my 7250 there is a way to turn keytone off. Options>Screen/Keyboard>Key Tone>Off
    08-09-07 07:28 AM
    I guess the newer ones can't on my 7250 there is a way to turn keytone off. Options>Screen/Keyboard>Key Tone>Off
    This option is still there in the 8830 but doesn't do anything when you are dialing a number and unfortunately that is what I was looking for. Oh well guess it is something I and my users will have to live with.

Kirby
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-28-07 at 05:29 PM.
    08-09-07 07:57 AM
    This option is still there in the 8830 but doesn't do anything when you are dialing a number and unfortunately that is what I was looking for. Oh well guess it is something I and my users will have to live with.

Kirby
    Sorry, I tried. I am just not familiar enough with the newer devices. Man, I need to upgrade.
    08-09-07 07:58 AM
    You can do the same on the 8830, however it does not turn off the Key Tone sound for some reason.
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-28-07 at 05:29 PM.
    08-09-07 08:32 AM
    Anyone figure this out yet? Seems ridiculous that they can't be silenced...
    02-16-08 11:51 PM
    What Up CrackBerry World!!!

Me Again!!!

The Title Was The Name Of The Thread I Started!!!

Here's A Little Tip That You Guys May Like:

1) Hold Down Your Answer Key
    2) Scroll Up To "[Use Once]"
    3) Dial The Number Desired (See, No Key Tone )

Extra Tip
    When You Do Step 2, Highlight Your Very First Contact, Hit The End Button. That Way When You Go Back To Dialing A Number:
    The [Use One] Option Will Be Right There.**

**Usually When You Hold Down The Send/Dial Key You Will Go To The Last Contact That Was Highlighted, So If You Have Highlighted
    (Lets Just Say) Your Second To Last Entry On Your Phone Book Then You Have To Scroll All The Way Up To The [Use Once] Option To Do This Trick. Imagine, If You Have Close To 250 Contacts Like I Do.

Hope This Helps You Guys Out!!!
    Of Course This Is Only Good If The Key Tone Bothers You
    02-17-08 12:22 AM
    What Up CrackBerry World!!!

Me Again!!!

The Title Was The Name Of The Thread I Started!!!

Here's A Little Tip That You Guys May Like:

1) Hold Down Your Answer Key
    2) Scroll Up To "[Use Once]"
    3) Dial The Number Desired (See, No Key Tone :eek:)

Extra Tip
    When You Do Step 2, Highlight Your Very First Contact, Hit The End Button. That Way When You Go Back To Dialing A Number:
    The [Use One] Option Will Be Right There.**

**Usually When You Hold Down The Send/Dial Key You Will Go To The Last Contact That Was Highlighted, So If You Have Highlighted
    (Lets Just Say) Your Second To Last Entry On Your Phone Book Then You Have To Scroll All The Way Up To The [Use Once] Option To Do This Trick. Imagine, If You Have Close To 250 Contacts Like I Do. :(

Hope This Helps You Guys Out!!!
    Of Course This Is Only Good If The Key Tone Bothers You :rolleyes:
    Thanks :) it does work.. I only don't understand why turning of keytone in options doesn't work.. I hope it will ever work..
    06-11-08 01:17 PM
    I dont have an answer key, only a send key. hmmm....and when I press it it brings up someone in my address book....oh well, noisy key pad tones for me still then.....
    07-27-08 08:22 PM
    I dont have an answer key, only a send key. hmmm....and when I press it it brings up someone in my address book....oh well, noisy key pad tones for me still then.....
    I responded to your post in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/key-tone-help-55753/. Are you saying you can't get it to work on an 8330? It works on my 8830.
    07-27-08 08:41 PM
    worked for me!!
    07-29-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD