Question - is there anyway to change the backlighting on the keyboard from the blue to any other color ?
    10-10-08 07:15 PM
    Not without changing the keyboard out.
    10-10-08 10:01 PM
    I did change the keyboard to a black version - so much easier to read/see then the original verizon silver/blue keyboard.

I may be the name wrong but it was something like cnn.cn (Hong Kong company - absolutely reasonable service). It is not exactly hard to change out the keyboard but you have to be willing to do some minor surgery to the 8830 which can be scary initially.

Some folks change out the whole case to a black version but I went for the cheaper only keyboard change out.
    10-11-08 09:30 AM
    Hmm why would you do that to a silver 8830 it looks so nice.
    10-11-08 06:08 PM
    As the original poster appears to indicate - visibility of the blue backlight on the silver keys can be hard to read. That poster is not the only person who feels that way from a number of threads and postings. I certainly felt that way. The white backlighting on the black keyboard is immeasurably better in my opinion.
    10-12-08 12:02 AM
    I agree, I have a black WE as well. I wish there was a way to just switch the backlight. Verizon are dumb.
    10-12-08 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD