i get a decent amount of junk mail (always goes into my junk folder in outlook) but this mail still comes directly to my phone. How can I stop mail that goes into this junk filter from popping up on my phone? (and thus, stop the 15-20 times i check my phone for no reason per day!)
    02-11-08 11:24 AM
    What I've done to keep the junk mail off my BB Pearl is log into the BIS website and set up filters. There are emails I want to get to go to my computer, but not my BB. So I set up filters for each account. So far, all my filters are working great! Nothing has slipped by.
    02-11-08 12:27 PM
    Thats what I did.
    02-11-08 03:39 PM
    This is BRILLIANT. But what exactly do you put in your filter? Simply put, I want a filter that:

DOES NOT FORWARD JUNK MAIL TO MY BLACKBERRY.

How do I set up this filter in the BIS website?
    02-13-08 12:11 AM
    What I do is as I find a specific junk mail that is getting to my BB, I log into my BIS account on a computer and set up a filter to prevent further emails from being delivered.

Works like a charm!
    02-13-08 01:10 AM
    How do I set up a filter like this? I have never set one up and cant figure it out.

I want to filter so emails to my JUNK MAIL folder does not show up on my phone!
    02-21-08 11:40 AM
    Okay...you log into your BIS account on your computer NOT your BB.

Find the email account you want junk to be filtered away from.
    Click on "filters" to the right of that account.
    Title it: Junk Mail
    Click on the dropdown box to : "From"
    In the text box underneath, put all the sender email addresses that you do NOT want to be pushed to your BB...separate them with a semi-colon.
    At the bottom, click on the radio button that says "Do not forward to my handheld."
    Click Save.

Voil�! You will no longer have those emails forwarded to your BB.
    02-21-08 11:45 AM
    Ya I tried to do a filter by putting the name but I think I have to put the full email address of the spamer correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 11:46 AM
    Ya I tried to do a filter by putting the name but I think I have to put the full email address of the spamer correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can do it by "subject contains" if you don't have the spammer's email addy, but their subject line tends to contain the same thing.
    02-21-08 11:47 AM
    This aint going to work....too many random spam I get. anyway to just have the JUNK MAIL folder in outlook not push to my bberry?
    02-21-08 11:49 AM
    Hmmm....any email that gets pushed to my junk mail folder in Entourage (mac's version of Outlook) already doesn't get forwarded to my BB.
    02-21-08 11:50 AM
    I'm having the same problem, and I agree that blocking a spammer's address is fairly useless. One thing I have noticed is in most of these spam messages I can't find my email address anywhere in the To: or CC: field so I've setup a filter in Yahoo (my work account seems spam free for the most part) that moves emails that don't contain my actual email address into a folder called Junk (just in case I need to go look in there later, plus this way I can highlight them all later and mark them as spam.)

I don't know if this will really work but we'll see and I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

EDIT: So far it seems to be working. I woke up this morning and had about 6 emails in the Junk folder I created in my yahoo account. None of which wound up on my BBerry.

It's annoying that we have to deal with this, let alone that Yahoo can't filter them out to begin with.
    Last edited by gimpyviper; 02-26-08 at 07:25 AM.
    02-25-08 09:45 PM
    Okay...you log into your BIS account on your computer NOT your BB.

Find the email account you want junk to be filtered away from.
    Click on "filters" to the right of that account.
    Title it: Junk Mail
    Click on the dropdown box to : "From"
    In the text box underneath, put all the sender email addresses that you do NOT want to be pushed to your BB...separate them with a semi-colon.
    At the bottom, click on the radio button that says "Do not forward to my handheld."
    Click Save.

Voil�! You will no longer have those emails forwarded to your BB.
    What is a BIS account? I need to get rid of all this spam.

Thanks
    03-01-08 11:42 AM
    My phpne ovet lods
    12-11-13 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD