Hello everyone,

About a week ago my phone started doing something crazy that I had never seen...I would get a white screen that said JVM 104 Error in the center, and then I could scroll to different options: Rest, Continue, Attach Debugger, Attach Debugger After Reset...etc.

This screen would constantly pop up, and I could usually get out of it by just selecting Continue, but twice it went on a brink and nothing I pressed would get me out of that screen. I tried a hard reset and everything. Eventually I would get back my normal screen but it would be after like 5 minutes of thinking my BB was about to crash on me.

Yesterday I was typing a message and the phone went completely bizirk, and shut itself off. When it came back on, the phone wasn't reading anything on the memory card anymore. I checked on my computer and all the files were there, but to the BB it was empty.

After this the error stopped. I left it alone for like a day, and just now I pulled the card out deleted a couple videos that were on it, and put it back in and everything is back to being read on the phone. This has never happened before and I've had the memory card installed in the phone all along. I've always used the media in it as my home screen pic, or my ringer, and it would work perfectly fine.

Any ideas on why the system went crazy and stopped reading the card, or what that error is about?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Anillang; 02-09-08 at 08:54 AM.
    02-09-08 08:27 AM
    Simple, reload the OS on your device. And, remember to use the backup option during the process (if should offer it to you)...

This is better in the long run, you then get the latest OS, too...
    02-09-08 09:06 AM
    Thanks for the response. I figured that much, that I would have to reload the OS but now I have another rookie question...where do I get it from? I have Verizon and I think some OS' will not work with my phone...is there anywere on the Verizon site I can get the one that is sure to work properly?

Thanks for the help.
    02-09-08 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD