Freaking sweet!

I may still pickup a Curve in a couple of weeks when its time for new every 2, but a good friend of mine just sold me his BB 8830 for $20! I couldn't pass that up!

I'm thinking a Curve will meet my needs better, but $20... oh yeah, I'll take it!

Now I've got to get this thing cleared and working... anyone know if they can activate it for me over the phone? I may call and find out. I'm on Verizon, BTW.

Sweet!

Brandon
    08-17-08 09:05 PM
    Good Buy!!
    08-17-08 09:13 PM
    Awesome I would have bought it just for a back up berry
    08-17-08 09:19 PM
    Wow awesome price! Practically got it for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 09:20 PM
    I actually just got myself an 8330 curve and I have no clue how to change the ring tone or send picture text messages to people without a blackberry. Does anyone have any advice on how to do that?
    08-17-08 09:21 PM
    Nice deal! Yes, vzw cs should be able to help you activate over the phone.
    08-17-08 09:21 PM
    I actually just got myself an 8330 curve and I have no clue how to change the ring tone or send picture text messages to people without a blackberry. Does anyone have any advice on how to do that?
    Try this link for tons of info.

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    08-17-08 09:23 PM
    VZW Customer Service can activate it over the phone...you just can't do it on the web.

Make sure you have them add the Personal BlackBerry plan (BIS) for $29.99, they normally try to sign you up for the $44.99 Enterprise plan (BES) for business customers.
    08-17-08 09:56 PM
    Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm thinking about activating it tomorrow. There's still an address I've got to get off of it for my friend who sold it to me and then I'm probably going to clear it out completely, get it activated, and have fun!

And it could definitely serve as a backup-Berry to whichever other one I get. Although I'll probably sell it just so I can have more money for the Storm/Thunder SHOULD I choose to go the touchscreen route. We'll see.

Brandon
    08-18-08 02:36 AM
    Man! I bought my 8830 on ebay for 200 dollars and thought I was getting a freaking sweet deal. Congratulations my friend. That is so awesome!

Maybe you should check out the 8830 for a while before buying a Curve. I'm satisfied with my 8830 for work and fun. Even though I am planning to buy whatever next generation Blackberry comes to Sprint first. (I'm crossing my fingers for the Bold. If the Thunder comes first then I will have to strongly consider that.)

Once again, Gratz!
    08-18-08 04:23 AM
    Good price. If you have another one at this price let me know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 05:43 AM
    Thanks Pedro!

I am going to use this one for a bit and see how I like it. A Curve was #1 on my list, but there's no way I was going to pass this one up.

When I asked him what it was, he was like "No, its not a Curve... its an older bulky one" and I was like "Oh, ok. Well do you mind reading the numbers for me?" When he told me it was an 8830 I told him "I'll be right there!"

Sorry, yogi, this is the only one, bro. He bought it second hand, used it and didn't like it, so he sold it to me.

Brandon
    08-18-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD