I can use it for directions and maps etc. Not google maps but everything else. What is the problem that everyone is talking about? I want in on the dirt. I like the phone so far except for the lack of a camera. I use it with my ipod integration on my bmw with the middle cable with mic so I get surround sound for all phone calls and music. What else can we do with it? It seems cut and dry to me. The modem tethering (sp?) is a HUGE plus for me as I use it everywhere. Is there a way to use google maps instead of blackberry maps for gps. I use verizon btw if you didnt see that already. I have a 4 gig sd card full of music/pix/short vid clips.
    07-27-07 01:57 AM
    Your using the internal GPS or a bluetooth puck?
    07-27-07 03:23 AM
    Domm,

If you're referring to the fact that you can use BB Maps to get directions from where you are to your destination by TYPING in your location, then that is NOT a function of the GPS (internal or external).

The "problem" that everyone is talking about is the fact that if the internal GPS were enabled, then you wouldn't have to type in any address, and as you drove (or headed to your destination), the little blue dot indicating where you are on the map would follow you.

Are you saying that you are experiencing this?

Thanks.

tomtheguitarguy
    07-27-07 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD