How do I convert my itune songs to a format compatable with my 8830?
    03-12-09 08:57 PM
    You have to use a third party app or burn songs to disc, then rip back to mp3 if youbought the songs from iTunes. Most songs purchased have DRM to prevent use on other devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 10:59 PM
    I think the songs are already compatible. I had an 8830 and used Blackberry Media Sync to load all my playlists (it only transfers playlists). I also used the Media Manager in the Desktop Manager to drag files from my Itunes library to my Berry. No problems at all.

If you don't have Desktop Manager download it. You will use it for other things. You get it from Verizon. Search the forum for Desktop Manager Verizon. There is a link somewhere here.

You can also download BB Media Sync. Don't remember from where it gets downloaded.

Both are free.

Good luck and welcome to CB.
    03-13-09 12:10 AM
    03-13-09 01:14 AM
    I think the songs are already compatible. I had an 8830 and used Blackberry Media Sync to load all my playlists (it only transfers playlists). I also used the Media Manager in the Desktop Manager to drag files from my Itunes library to my Berry. No problems at all.

If you don't have Desktop Manager download it. You will use it for other things. You get it from Verizon. Search the forum for Desktop Manager Verizon. There is a link somewhere here.

You can also download BB Media Sync. Don't remember from where it gets downloaded.

Both are free.

BB Media Sync will only download songs that are not DRM protected. Songs in iTunes must be in MP3 format. Anything you bought at iTunes will not transfer.
    03-13-09 10:12 AM
    Also, if you search for this problem, you'll see hundreds of other people who have posted solutions to this.
    03-13-09 10:13 AM

Both are free.

Here is the link from RIM to download the sync tool. The only watch out I have found is before you sync album art work from iTunes to your BB make sure Podcasts are not updating.

BlackBerry - Wireless Media Player at BlackBerry.com
    03-13-09 10:37 AM
    BB Media Sync will only download songs that are not DRM protected. Songs in iTunes must be in MP3 format. Anything you bought at iTunes will not transfer.
    This is not correct any more iTunes Plus DRM free

BTW, I just dragged my music from iTunes onto the SD (media card) and they work fine. (oH yeah, I am on a Mac).
    03-13-09 11:25 AM
    This is not correct any more iTunes Plus DRM free

BTW, I just dragged my music from iTunes onto the SD (media card) and they work fine. (oH yeah, I am on a Mac).
    You are correct if you pay to upgrade anything you previously bought that had DRM. Let's not nit pick now.
    03-13-09 02:21 PM
    Load Media Sync from the BB website.
    Install it on your PC (I don't think it works with a Mac).
    Then it does the work for you. It asks you which tunes library you want to access - iTunes or Windows Media. Select either one. It takes you to the song list /playlist. Click on that which you want. I've done it with Windows Media and iTunes and it works downloads both to the BB.
    04-04-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD