Since I got my 8830, I have been happy with everything except the process of transferring music from ripped CDs to a MicroSD card. Basically, I am trying to do the following:

1. Rip CDs to MP3 files at either 160 khz or 192 khz to save space on the SD card.

2. Automatically find and embed Album Art into each MP3.

3. Download files from each CD into a folder within the BB/music folder with the same name as the album.

4. Get everything to show up properly on the BB (after the painfully slow re-indexing process).

Well, the first part isn't too difficult, but the Roxio Media Import makes it nearly impossible to acquire Album Art and, once I rip the files, I have to use various other programs to search and apply the album art to the files.

This process is really slow and cumbersome, so perhaps someone can direct me to a program that will do it all and allow me to do direct transfer to the BB to the folder of my choice.

Thanks,
    Steve
    11-26-07 11:22 AM
    When I load folders of MP3 through Media Manager it puts the album art in my Pics directory on my media card. If you copy over the folder, just plain cut and paste, it should through the art on the card as well.
    11-26-07 11:55 AM
    Unfortunately, it doesn't create the album art files for me when I rip the CDs to MP3s. I also don't want separate jpg files, because then I am forced to put each album in a separate folder rather than with embedding the information within each file.

Any other suggestions?
    11-28-07 10:25 PM
    The simplest way to acheive your goal in transferring to your 8830 is to use iTunes (who doesn't have an iPod today?)

1. Rip the songs and save them into a folder
    (and rename them this way: track number - artist - song, this way you won't have to use Roxio, you can just click and drag onto your micro SD card and everything will be organized)

2. Open iTunes and drag all your music you choose to put on the 8830 and edit their info (track number, artist, album name, etc.)

3. In iTunes, you can also "attach" or associate an album art to the mp3's, so when you click and drag into the 8830, your 8830 will recognize that it does have album art and will display it.

That's what I did to keep my media on my 8830 all organized. Tracks are under the appropriate albums etc. My 8830 has become my mini iPod when I don't feel like carrying both devices!
    11-28-07 11:53 PM
    I will try that too, I dont like the roxio because I haven't figured out how to get the mp3's I ALREADY have on my pc to roxio... I can't find a way except to take music off a CD... I have so much music I already downloaded previous to having my 8830 that I would love to use. Also still trying to figure out video... I'm pretty savy with the computer and media and I think roxio SUCKS
    11-29-07 07:20 AM
    once you get the transfer issues sorted out, ditch the BB media player and download flipside. imho it's a much better way to deal with mp3 files on the BB. has a great gui very similar to itunes' album art view.

i can't post URLs yet, but go to:
    http:// flipside.fm/flipside.jad
    11-29-07 07:51 PM
    The simplest way to acheive your goal in transferring to your 8830 is to use iTunes (who doesn't have an iPod today?)

1. Rip the songs and save them into a folder
    (and rename them this way: track number - artist - song, this way you won't have to use Roxio, you can just click and drag onto your micro SD card and everything will be organized)

2. Open iTunes and drag all your music you choose to put on the 8830 and edit their info (track number, artist, album name, etc.)

3. In iTunes, you can also "attach" or associate an album art to the mp3's, so when you click and drag into the 8830, your 8830 will recognize that it does have album art and will display it.

That's what I did to keep my media on my 8830 all organized. Tracks are under the appropriate albums etc. My 8830 has become my mini iPod when I don't feel like carrying both devices!
    Wait? I can play music from iTunes on my 8830??? I've had this thing for weeks and thought it wouldn't pay them in the iTunes format. Wow. Now I want to get home and try it!
    11-30-07 07:52 AM
    My Itunes saves as mp4.. my BB wouldnt play them... what do I do, Also it doesnt list my BB as a Device, How do I change that

in the mean time I have been just fragging them from their music folder to the "E" drive when I connect the BB to the PC, seams to be working good, I would \like the album art though !!!

Jim
    11-30-07 03:01 PM
    Instead of using Roxio Media Import, simply connect your BB, Go to start, computer, your BB will be removeable disk E; click it, go into music, and just transfer from your HD right to your BB. Copy & paste, Click & drag, What ever!!
    12-01-07 09:46 AM
    Flipside does rock! VERY similar to iTunes
    12-01-07 10:06 AM
    My device is showing up in My Computer but when I transfer files onto it it says"Please inserta disk into Frive F" which is the drive letter it shows up as. Windows picked it up automatially, do I need to use and drivers? Help and thanks
    02-28-08 06:38 PM
    Hello, I'm new to this site so I hope I'm not highjacking this thread. I have a few hundred songs on my 8310 with micro 4 g card. Im trying to figure out if there is a program that organizes the mp3 the way I want them to show in my playlists. I belive itunes puts songs in a neat package, so they are organized by album, and catagoized. But my mp3s are not always in a neat labeled way so they get catagorized in an unknown fashion so I have to go through more screeens to get to the unknowns. I had set up folders beforehand expecting to see the ebooks audio and music in the folders I setup, but not the case. They have been placed where the berry app seems where they should go. Thanks in advance, and yes I have thought of renaming the mp3's, but I belive I might have to remove and then replace the files for that to work.
    02-15-09 11:30 AM
    The BB shows songs according to the MP3 TAG information. You would need to fix/edit the tags for the songs - folders do not make any difference in how they are shown/presented for playback.

The 8830 does have the ability to use Playlists but I'm not sure about the manner neeeded to create them.
    02-15-09 02:56 PM
    The BB shows songs according to the MP3 TAG information. You would need to fix/edit the tags for the songs - folders do not make any difference in how they are shown/presented for playback.

The 8830 does have the ability to use Playlists but I'm not sure about the manner neeeded to create them.
    Since I got my 8830, I have been happy with everything except the process of transferring music from ripped CDs to a MicroSD card. Basically, I am trying to do the following:

1. Rip CDs to MP3 files at either 160 khz or 192 khz to save space on the SD card.

2. Automatically find and embed Album Art into each MP3.

3. Download files from each CD into a folder within the BB/music folder with the same name as the album.

4. Get everything to show up properly on the BB (after the painfully slow re-indexing process).

Well, the first part isn't too difficult, but the Roxio Media Import makes it nearly impossible to acquire Album Art and, once I rip the files, I have to use various other programs to search and apply the album art to the files.

This process is really slow and cumbersome, so perhaps someone can direct me to a program that will do it all and allow me to do direct transfer to the BB to the folder of my choice.

Thanks,
    Steve
    So I use iTunes and Blackberry Media Sync to load all my playlists, audiobooks, and music on to my 8gb sd card. works with out any trouble, and it allows my to load album art work also. im me if you have questions.

BlackBerry - Wireless Media Player at BlackBerry.com
    02-16-09 07:59 AM
    I downloaded audio files to my media card and I can see them on when I check on the PC, however, the Media (music) does not see all the albums that i have downloaded. Am i doing something wrong?
    02-17-09 07:44 PM
    I downloaded audio files to my media card and I can see them on when I check on the PC, however, the Media (music) does not see all the albums that i have downloaded. Am i doing something wrong?
    What OS? what size SD card? after I sync my 8gb sd card it can take several minutes before I see all my media that I've sync'd. PM or IM me if you have questions
    02-19-09 09:21 AM
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I have the current OS and a 4 gb SD card. It seems to be overwriting what I have saved on the card. Now all the files are messed up when i download it and is not in the right track. So when i access the ones that the media player can see, they are not in order.

Thanks again
    Orv
    04-09-09 10:13 PM
    Flipside soesnt read embedded cover art but i found a quick workaround. blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/203260-flipside-vs-embedded-cover-art-album-art.html
    09-04-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD