I'm about to give up hope here - can anyone tell me where/how to install a microSD card into my BB 8830 WE phone? I don't want to damage the phone but sheesh, there just seems to be no practical place to insert the card underneath the battery case.

Can someone give me some step-bystep direction on this?

Thanks,
    Wendy
    06-02-08 12:55 PM
    Insert a media card
    Use a microSD media card to extend the memory available on your BlackBerry� device
    for storing media files such as videos, ring tones, pictures, or songs. The media card
    might be sold separately from your device.
    1. Press the battery cover release button.
    2. Slide off the battery cover.
    3. Slide the media card holder door toward its hinges to unlock it.
    4. Open the media card holder door.

This was found in the 8830 user guide, off the blackberry support site.

I'd post the link but I need 10 posts first. Couple more to go.
    06-02-08 01:05 PM
    Insert a media card
    Use a microSD media card to extend the memory available on your BlackBerry� device
    for storing media files such as videos, ring tones, pictures, or songs. The media card
    might be sold separately from your device.
    1. Press the battery cover release button.
    2. Slide off the battery cover.
    3. Slide the media card holder door toward its hinges to unlock it.
    4. Open the media card holder door.

This was found in the 8830 user guide, off the blackberry support site.

I'd post the link but I need 10 posts first. Couple more to go.

Okay, so I've tried that but I can't get the little locking mechanism to close properly over the ds card - don't know what I'm doing wrong...got any other details for me?
    06-02-08 01:14 PM
    Don't force it. Make sure it is fully inserted. Make sure it is aligned correctly.
    06-02-08 01:22 PM
    just stop in at your carrier's store. Let them do it. It might be broken. And if it is, or they break it, its on them
    06-02-08 01:24 PM
    Don't force it. Make sure it is fully inserted. Make sure it is aligned correctly.
    Instered or just laying/resting on the matching metal pieces of both the BB and the SD card?

There doesn't seem to be a 'slot' to insert it...
    06-02-08 01:25 PM
    Only a guess, but also make sure it's in the right way. You might have to flip it over. Not end over end, but sideways.

It almost fits the wrong way.
    06-02-08 01:26 PM
    Only a guess, but also make sure it's in the right way. You might have to flip it over. Not end over end, but sideways.

It almost fits the wrong way.
    Hey, thanks for all the help - I think I might have it figured out now. Sheesh - that didn't take too long

Now for the bigger question - how do I know if it's actually in there properly and it's working??

You people totally rock that are helping me out.
    06-02-08 01:37 PM
    the silver flap that secures the memory card has little teeth on the underside...slide the card flush up against the silver flap and the teeth will hold it in place then press down and it should click into place

then slide the silver flap into lock posistion...

i hope this is right....if not....ignore me
    Last edited by jamiegroh; 06-02-08 at 01:49 PM.
    06-02-08 01:44 PM
    the silver flap that secures the memory card has little teeth on the underside...slide the card flush up against the silver flap and the teeth will hold it in place then press down and it should click into place

then slide the silver flap into lock posistion...
    THANKS Jamie - that totally did the trick!
    06-02-08 01:48 PM
    Now for the bigger question - how do I know if it's actually in there properly and it's working??

You people totally rock that are helping me out.
    Hi-lite - Options => Scroll to Media Card => Click it => Turn on Media Card Support and Enable Mass Storage.

We help because we luv our fellow addicts

Your crackberry will get you thru times of no money, better that money will get thru times of no crackberry.
    06-02-08 01:52 PM
    Hi-lite - Options => Scroll to Media Card => Click it => Turn on Media Card Support and Enable Mass Storage.

We help because we luv our fellow addicts

Your crackberry will get you thru times of no money, better that money will get thru times of no crackberry.
    Awesome - WE DID IT FOLKS! Thanks for the help today!!

Wendy
    06-02-08 02:00 PM
    Good posts, folks. The sd card holder bracket ON the door is the key! Finally got mine in there.....
    07-20-08 10:18 PM
    Good posts, folks. The sd card holder bracket ON the door is the key! Finally got mine in there.....
    Its been several months since i put my media card in. My son was messing w it so i had to fix it. I didnt remember how exactly so i came to cb.com. this post was very helpful!!! Thanks! I agree the card holder bracket ON the door is the key! BUT ALSO remember to slide the door forward to lock it down.
    Kelizrm
    08-13-08 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD