Hey folks...I'm a newbie and I need a little help.

Last night, in mid conversation, my phone cut off and the screen went black. I was talking on it while it was charging. So I left it in the charger all night. This morning, I can't turn the phone on. I've taken the battery out and put it in several times. It doesn't work. A red light is constantly flashing, even when the phone is not charging.

What does this mean? What do I do?
    11-22-07 08:52 AM
    Have you tried plugging it into a different outlet. Maybe it didnt charge and the battery is dead?
    11-22-07 08:54 AM
    Have you tried plugging it into a different outlet. Maybe it didnt charge and the battery is dead?

Yeah, I did that earlier this morning for a few minutes and it still didn't work. But I also know the outlet worked because my laptop was plugged into it and it is fully charged

Thanks for the idea though. Any other suggestions? What's up with this red light business?
    11-22-07 08:57 AM
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!

Try connecting it to a computer and load up desktop manager, if it starts to charge or desktop manager recognizes it, reload the OS, if you still get nodda!! get on the phone to VZW, you got a bunk device...sucks I know, I feel for ya.
    11-22-07 09:10 AM
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!

Try connecting it to a computer and load up desktop manager, if it starts to charge or desktop manager recognizes it, reload the OS, if you still get nodda!! get on the phone to VZW, you got a bunk device...sucks I know, I feel for ya.
    OOO....I'll try that, but I have no idea what "reload the OS" means. Can you crack the code for me? How do I reload operating system Also, does VZW have an instant message help service? I swear I've done that before, but I can't find it now.
    11-22-07 09:27 AM
    Go HERE grab the OS(operating system) for your device. it's an installable file
    then follow THESE directions, their for AT&T but it's all the same once you reach this point.
    11-22-07 09:49 AM
    Same thing happened to me, but it would turn on after a battery pull. But I just brought it in to the Verizon Store and they gave me a new one for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-07 02:16 PM
    Help..!!!
    My blackberry bold will not turn on..
    it is totally non-responsive!
    however when i charge it a red light flashes but it still does not turn on.
    My computer is not picking it up either...
    Please help..
    01-11-10 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD